Sky

Just let it be known I have no clue how CPS works or their protocols this is strictly for story anyway hope you enjoy
________________________________

Andy POV- We were on a call when I noticed someone watching me they had a hat on and scruffy clothes, looks like they've been living on the street. I started to worry, I thought maybe they were injured and just didn't want to come up to us. "Trav you got this?" "Yeah" I went to walk up to the person but they ran "well that wasn't weird at all" I said to myself going back to help wit the call. The fire was put out and everyone who needed medical got help so we started getting ready to leave when I felt like I was being watched. I looked around and saw the same person they weren't that far away this time so I had ran to them, the person had run away but they had gotten trapped in an alley "Hey, do you need help or something" they wouldn't face me which I thought odd "I'm not the police" <Herrera where are you> <I need a minute cap> "Can you please just turn around" they turned and slowly, once I saw her face it made sense "Sky?" "H-hi" "Sky what are you doing out here" "I-I heard the sirens and I uh I thought I would find you" "Why didn't you come and talk to me" "I was scared" "Scared about what" "That you would send me back" once she said that I started to examine her with my eyes, my first thought might have been right so I asked "How long have you been on the street?" "A while?" "Why?" "They put me in a foster home which was no better then me with my dad" "Sky I know you probably don't want to but you have to go back" "B-but can't I just stay with you, you don't have to tell the CPS lady" <Herrera what the hell is taking so long> <I'm coming back now cap> "Sky please come with me, there's a bed and a shower at the station" "are you going to call them?" "Yes I have to" she looked at the ground but walked towards me anyway "Come on" <Captain I have a 14 year old girl with me, I'm bringing her to the station until CPS shows up> I got no response but my phone started ringing, I looked at it and it was Robert (Hello?" "Andy what the hell" "I know I know but it's sky" "Sky?" "yes" "Why is she with you?" "It's a long story that I will explain later" he sighed "Alright just hurry up and get in the damn truck we're all waiting on you" "Ok I'm coming now") we hung up "Come on sky" "You have his number?" "Huh?" "You have his number" she smirked "I have everyone's number at the station" "Mhmm how many of them have his number" "You know what get in the truck" I laughed and so did she"

At the station

"Andy please" "Sky I don't even know how that would work" "Well can't you ask the lady or anyone for that matter" "I wouldn't know the first thing about taking care of a kid" "I basically take care of myself I- I know how to cook kinda I uh I clean up after myself never leave a mess you'll barely know I'm there I won't bother you" "Sky it's not about you bothering me that couldn't happen, it's about the fact that I don't know if I can do it. I had a shi- crappy example of a mother and my father didn't know the first thing about raising a girl alone" "But look how you turned out realistically I'm going to be an asshole when I grow up, I'm going to be angry at the world and every time something goes wrong in my life I'm going to blame it on everyone else but myself and that's somewhat better then me becoming a drug addict best case scenario they find me a nice home and I grow up happy we both know that won't happen I'm 14 no one wants a teenager they want babies sweet tiny adorable babies" I sighed she made a valid point but it's not like I could just take her home with me. "F-" "Hey Andy" Vic said walking up to me and I could literally see sky shut down "Hey what's up" "Um are we still going half and half for mayas gift?" "Yeah we'll do it after shift" "Alright" she started walking away, "Vic wait" she stopped and I whispered to sky "if you can say hello to her I'll talk to the lady" she sighed and in the most quiet tone she said "H-Hi" Vic smiled "Hey" then walked away. I didn't think she would do it "Fine I will talk with whoever picks you up" "thank you"

When CPS shows up

"Hello I'm here for a sky Perez" "Oh uh yeah she's in the bathroom right now" "Alright" "Um can I ask you something really quick" "of course" "How would I go about becoming a foster parent?" "Like how long would it take" "Well yeah but everything" "Well if everything goes well it should take about 90 days or so depending on what they find in the background check" "What's in the background check" "Records" "Like juvenile records as well or?" "No like current records and hospital records, just a normal check up and if they see something they dig but considering your a fire fighter everything should be ok since they had to do a background check on you already" "Mhmm, anything else" "Some home inspections a class or two just to get you prepared. You do have your own home right" "Yes I do. If I became a foster parent would I be able to foster sky?" She looked at me shocked "I mean if you do go through with this I doubt that sky would still be with us, she might get adopted or put into another foster home" "I know but still" "Technically yes you could volunteer to have her in your home" sky walked towards us "Ok thank you" she stopped in her tracks and I saw a look in her eye I could tell she was scared to go back "Can I have a minute with her" she nodded and moved away so we could talk "Ok so it's not a done deal but if I did want my foster license then it would take about 3 months and that's also pending background checks and everything and there's no guarantee you'll even be with them because you might get adopted or put into another foster home" She smiled as I was rambling then she hugged me "Thank you so much... I guess you weren't lying when you said you'd be there for me, lots of people lie to me but you didn't thank you" she pulled away and went to walk out the door.

Flashback
Teen Andy POV- "Wait papi, where are they taking me" "Andy it's not going to be a permanent thing your mother just told some people that I hit you" "But you didn't she did" "I know I know but you have to go with them" "So your just giving up" "I'm not giving up Andrea, I'm going to get you back they just have to investigate some things" "your a liar just like Mom you promised me" "That's not true you know I love you" "If you loved me you wouldn't let them be taking me away" he sighed, of course he did I'm just a burden on him and my mom neither of them want me. He went to go hug me but I pulled away from him and stood next to the man from CPS. "You'll be back home soon, I love you" I didn't respond to him.

Andy POV- why didn't I respond back to him. I alway regretted that because everything I did after that was to get back at him. He didn't deserve that if anything I was the reason they kept me longer then needed "Andy you alright?" "Huh oh yeah I'm fine" "So what happened with sky?" "She uh she ran away, She heard our sirens and thought she could find me" "she seems to like you" I shrugged "I guess" "Hey look I was thinking-"

(Storage fire@) the alarm rung and everyone ran to get their turnouts on.

________________________________
What do you think about sky, do you like her character or no lmk😁 anyway as always
Stay safe❤️