44

Sky- It was cold today, I could tell because the edges of my window were cold. When I pulled off my sheet and I could tell something felt off. I looked down into the bed and gasped. Embarrassment washed over me completely then pain. I wanted to get up but couldn't because of my pain, I laid there gripping onto my stomach, tears slow dripping down my face. 5 minutes later there's a knock on my door.

A- Hey sky wake up you gotta get ready for school.

I heard her footsteps fade away from the door.

S- Andy!

I called out. I could here her coming back. I cover myself quickly.

A- What's up?

S- Come in please.

The closer Andy got the more emotional I got. I was now fully crying. She opened the door and saw me crying.

A- Sky what's wrong?

You could hear the worry dripping in her tone.

S- I'm bleeding.

I sobbed out.

A- Where?

I was to embarrassed to say.

A- Oh.

Her face completely softened.

A- Aww baby it okay. You bled onto the bed?

My crying got worse as she said "baby" reminded me of my mother.

S- Yeah.

A- That's okay, go take a hot shower I'll handle everything else alright.

I nodded and she helped me out of bed.

Andy - Shit shit shit, how the hell could I forget she going to get her period. Oh god I don't think I'm ready for that. She went into the shower so I ran back into my room.

R- Morning love. I'm going to make coffee want any?

A- Um actually I need you to stay in here just for a bit.

R- How come? And why do you seem so panicked?

A- Sky got her period and I don't know what to do.

He chuckled at me.

R- You literally had yours last week what do you mean you don't know what to do?

A- This isn't funny Robert!

R- Andy, the amount of girls that come into the station and have no idea about their periods I have seen you guide and explain. I think you'll be able to do it.

A- Ughh I know! You are no help.

R- Alright is she in the shower now?

A- Yeah.

R- Good how about you let her stay home today stay with her answer whatever question you need to answer or anything else really.

A- We work today. It way to close to shift for me to call out.

R- Damn your right, If only you had an amazing, understanding, good looking captain that could help you out.

He smiled widely.

R- Relax, take the day and tomorrow you'll work a double and I'll stay home with sky.

A- You'll really stay home with her? Can you handle that?

R- By the looks of it I'm handling it better then you, besides I grew up with 3 sisters. Trust me I have experience.

Sisters? Whatever no time for that.