47

Robert- Disbelief was all I could feel right now.

R- How do you not see the problem with what you did!

A- It's none of your damn business!

R- It is my business! I'm helping raise that girl just as much as you are!

A- Why does it matter he's not important!

R- How do you not think he's import! He's her father!

A- He's a man who hurt her!

R- It doesn't matter! It wasn't your choice to make! Did you even talk to her about it!

A- I'm not having this conversation with you.

R- when the hell did you become this person?

Our tones lowered but my aggravation did not.

A- It's not about becoming someone. It's about making sure he pays for what he did.

R- He did!

A- No he didn't! They only gave him 2 months.

R- Is this about him not getting enough time, or your mother not getting any time at all?

A- Don't talk about something you have no clue about.

R- How could I, you don't talk about anything! But that isn't the point right now, you had your brother plant drugs in his cell!

A- I refuse to let him hurt her again.

R- did you ever think about how you could be hurting her. Don't throw your unresolved trauma onto her. She doesn't deserve it. Work through your shit Andy.

I said angrily while leaving and slamming the door. When I unlocked my car door I heard glass shattering at the same time I saw sky's bus pull up, she got out and saw me. She smiled.

S- Hey Robert.

She said once she got closer.

R- Hey sweetie, um Andy is pretty tired so she's going to sleep. You wanna go eat?

S- yeah sure, is she alright?

R- Yeah she's-

More glass shattered. That immediately worried sky she went to run but I stepped in front of her.

R- She needs some time alone.

S- Robert what's going on!?

R- Shes okay, you know Andy.

S- No look I'll stay outside but don't leave her in there alone if she's not safe!

She was right, Stefan told me she would push till she got me away.

R- Alright just stay in the car, here.

I handed her the keys.

R- Play some music or something I'll be back.

I headed back inside. When I opened the door and stepped inside there was a crunch at my feet. When I looked down I saw shattered glass everywhere.

R- Andy

I called out. She walked out of the kitchen tears running down her face.

A- I'm sorry, please leave so I can clean up.

I didn't say anything I just started cleaning up. I guess she got the message because she started cleaning too. About ten minutes later we finally got everything all clean.

R- Andrea my love, it's not just you any more. It me, you, and sky. Why can't you except that?

A- I did except that. Why am I the bad guy for keeping her safe?