046 | she's theirs

men fight wars. women win them

"GREAT JOB TODAY," said Takeda-sensei, sitting before the group of teenagers with his soulmate beside him

"GREAT JOB TODAY," said Takeda-sensei, sitting before the group of teenagers with his soulmate beside him. "I'm sure that you're already thinking about tomorrow but please, allow me to say this. Congratulations on your important victory at nationals."

"Yeah!"

Kiyoko and Yachi applauded the boys, the latter wearing an amazed yet excited look on her face.

"All right, let's talk about tomorrow." The boys sobered up, turning serious. "I mean...the reality isn't gonna change," started Keishin, face darkening in slight distress, "so I'll just say it. We're going up against the second-place team from this year's Inter-High. Inarizaki High School, representing Hyogo. Well, you know...You can call them the favourites to win this whole thing." 

The older players frowned whilst the younger ones, with the exception of Yachi and Yamaguchi who were silently panicking, were ecstatic.

"First"

The door to the room slid open with a slight bang, all attention directed over to the lavenderette walking into the room, arms full. Just as Ennoshita stood to help the girl, Mizuki dumped the files onto the table, sighing at the release of pressure on her arms.

"A-Ano, Sayeko-san. What are these?" Takeda asked, Keishin reaching forward to grab one of the files, eyes widening as he flipped one open, statistics and images of a familiar dark-haired male presented at the front.

"I did my research on Inarizaki," she said, shocking the boys. "I've drawn up counter attacks and techniques we can implement into our defence."

"You did all of this?" awed Asahi, grabbing a file and looking through the information on the ace of Inarizaki, Ojiro Aran.

Mizuki nodded.

"When did you do all this?" Sugawara asked, he and the rest of the team grabbing the files they could get their hands on.

"Over the break," she answered. "I researched all the teams going to nationals."

"A-All of them?!"

She nodded again.

"Why?!"

"What do you mean why?" Mizuki furrowed her brows, genuinely confused. "This is my job. I'm Karasuno's analyst, your analyst. My role is to help improve your overall plays and provide strategies against opponents."

Tears of gratitude gushed out of their eyes.

"Sayeko-san!"

"Sayeko-senpai!"

"MIZUKI-SENPAI!"

She smiled faintly.

"Now" the seriousness in her voice had them ceasing their actions. "It's time to get to business." Mizuki plopped down on the side, grabbing the first file and going over everything she wrote, each play, technique, strategy. Everything she did for her team.