049 | disney land

god help anyone
who disrespected the queen

GOLD, MELLOW LIGHT filtered through the windows of the inn, encompassing the boys in a light-hearted ambience

GOLD, MELLOW LIGHT filtered through the windows of the inn, encompassing the boys in a light-hearted ambience. With their stomachs full, satisfied with the food Mizuki and Kiyoko prepared for them, they took the day to rest and relax their bodies, allowing their muscles to rejuvenate.

"Oh? Where are you going, Sayeko-san?" questioned Ennoshita, all eyes drifting over to the divine being entering the common room. She wore a large blue and white checkered jumper, skinny blue jeans and a pair of white trainers.

"I'm going to the gymnasium," she answered, grabbing her bag from the corner, slipping it over her shoulder

"Ara? Gonna go watch your soulmates?" Sugawara teased, wiggling his eyebrows up and down. He dodged the whack from his soulmate, sticking his tongue out.

Tanaka and Nishinoya shot up, eyes wide with disbelief.

"By yourself?!"

Mizuki furrowed her brows. "Yes?"

"We'll come with!" they exclaimed, scrambling off the floor. "We can't let you go by yourself! Who knows what assholes may come up to you?!"

Ennoshita sighed, grabbing the two by their collars.

Amusement shone in Mizuki's eyes, and she exhaled through her nose.

"I'll be fine," she reassured. "I'm just going to watch Fukurōdani's match. I'll be back in a couple of hours."

With that, Mizuki bid the boys goodbye, telling them to rest up. They watched her leave, smiles of their own spreading across their lips.

She's changed. For the better.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

They lost. They lost the semi-finals.

Fukurōdani walked off the court dejectedly, each of them drained tremendously. Bokuto and Akaashi were met by their soulmates, their tallest smiling reassuringly while their shortest offered his understandings in his eyes neither were sympathetic, knowing that that was the worst thing to see after losing a match.