036 | the sun and the moon

author note:

i'm going to keep the rest of the first half of season 4 short. it physically pains me to watch it again.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

she inspired people,
even though she was far from full

FINDING OUT HINATA SNUCK into the Shiratorizawa training camp, Mizuki proceeded to only laugh, not at all surprised by the boy

FINDING OUT HINATA SNUCK into the Shiratorizawa training camp, Mizuki proceeded to only laugh, not at all surprised by the boy. He always had a flair for the dramatics.

Hinata, having finished his first day as a ball boy, was on his way home. He pulled the coat tighter over his body. Cold licked at his skin and crept under thick clothes, spreading across his skin like the lacy tide on a frigid winter beach. His lips tinged blue, and he rubbed his hands together, attempting to warm them up.

A depressed mood flooded him, the ginger-haired boy doubting everything, all the corrosive emotions of insecurity bit away at his sensitive guts. He stood there in the darkness, overwhelmed by the things he wished he didn't think about. His mind went to war with his heart a fight between what he knew, what he felt, and what he had to do.

Everything...seems so dark.

"You really are something else, Shoyou."

Hinata's eyes widened, whirling around to see his adored senpai standing behind him. Her breath toppled out of her soft lips, misty flecks softly blowing through the sky. She stood at the top of the tilted road, staring directly at the boy, a twinkle of amusement shining in her eyes. Snow and stars danced in the black sky, dropping like white petals from a crescent moon.

"Mizuki-senpai! What are you doing here?" She walked towards him, hands stuffed into the pocket of her jumper, a small smile dangling on her lips.

"I'm here for you."

Hinata tilted his head. "What for?"

"You'll be staying with me for the next week," she answered, stepping in front of him. "I called your mother and told her, so don't worry about that."

"W-Why?" he asked, eyes enlarging in disbelief.

"Hm? What do you mean why? You live too far from the school. It'll be strenuous to cycle to and from your house every day."

She, who had always found the night to be a comforting presence, stood before the younger, out here, far from the city, stars shining brightly, the darkness revealing her most beautiful aspects whilst simultaneously hiding most of her world.

Hinata felt his eyes ache with unshed tears, his heart swelling in his chest. Nobody had ever been this kind to the boy, not his mother, who was always busy at work, not Natsu, who was too young to understand anyway, not his father wherever he may be, and not even his soulmate, though he loved him dearly.