020 | she knows how to change with one hand

be good to her, she's rare

CRIMSON DROPLETS raced down fair skin, a faint curse slipping past a pair of soft, plump lips

CRIMSON DROPLETS raced down fair skin, a faint curse slipping past a pair of soft, plump lips. The sound of a knife clanking against the metal countertop stole the attention of the other girls, gasps echoing throughout the kitchen. "Oh, my goodness!" Panic arose from the female managers. They flittered around the lavenderette, mumbles of worries resonating and flowing into her ear. The commotion attracted the attention of the volleyball players seated at the benches with trays of food placed before them.

"What's going on?" Yaku asked, glancing behind Nishinoya who sat in front of him, the two previously conversing. Since they both played the same position in volleyball, the crow hoped to feed off the older cat's knowledge and techniques.

Daichi and Sugawara glanced at each other and, being the closest to the kitchen, stood up. They made their way to the door, eyes widening in horror when they landed on Mizuki, who stood with blood flowing down her arm, a blasé expression settling on her face.

"Holy shit, your hand!" exclaimed Tanaka, coming up from behind the two older soulmates.

Kuroo, from his seat facing away from the kitchen, looked over his shoulder. His eyes widened once they landed on his injured soulmate. The others followed his line of direction, and they abruptly stood, following him to the kitchen. "Are you alright?" Kuroo asked worriedly, fingers twitching with the urge to do something, but his mind was drawing up blanks.

Bokuto bit his lip, feeling weary at the sight of blood. "Should we go to the hospital?" Mizuki stared at them, indifferent to the situation. She exhaled and ignored everybody, grabbing one of the unused towels and applying pressure to the wound.

Akaashi stepped around the counter, swiping another cloth and wetting it under the sink. Mizuki watched as he stood in front of her. "May I?" he asked, gesturing to the scarlet tracks. With a nod from the analyser, Akaashi gently grabbed Mizuki's arm and proceeded to wipe the excess blood, a reassuring smile on his face.

Kiyoko walked up to the couple, urging them to the side. "We'll take care of the rest," she said, throwing Akaashi a thankful look while glancing down at Mizuki's wound in worry ever other second. The girls proceeded to clean up everything and the others all dispersed after realising that everything was taken care of.

"Come on," said Akaashi. "Let's clean it with water." He turned the tap to the side, drops of luminous water emanating cohesively, caressing Mizuki's outstretched hand. She winced at the sting, flinching back as a protective instinct. Akaashi softened, thumbing circles into the hand he cradled in an attempt to soothe her nerves. Mizuki was grateful for the action, but it did nothing to stop the pain penetrating the cells that should be protected by smooth skin, instead, lying open and raw. After the initial surge of pain, the wound ebbed and the blood flow stopped shortly after.

"Here."

Kenma's voice pacified her soul, sending assuaging vibes through the bond that was developing deeper than the others. He handed Akaashi the first aid kit Yachi had gotten from the Ubugawa High manager, Eri Miyanoshita.