⤷ christmas special pt.3

a final gift from me to you.
merry late late christmas<3

𝒸𝒽𝓇𝒾𝓈𝓉𝓂𝒶𝓈 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑔

𝒸𝒽𝓇𝒾𝓈𝓉𝓂𝒶𝓈 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑔

"YOU HAVE LIGHTS ON YOUR fucking lawn!" was the first thing Mizuki heard when the door to her house was swung open for the family's guests. Atsumu stood with his soulmate, Sakusa, and his twin brother, Osamu. Suna, his soulmate, was right beside the younger twin with their daughter behind them, Yoriko. The couple had adopted her when she was five, and now she was thirteen and living a happy life with her parents.

"Language, 'Sumu."

"Oh, shit- uh, I mean sorry."

Osamu shook his head. He looked at Mizuki and smiled. "Thanks for having us. We brought some onigiri and champagne."

Lilac eyes softened. It was great seeing familiar faces. "That's very nice of you," she said, grabbing the bag he handed to her. She nodded her head to the side. "Come on in. The others are inside, too."

"Wow," awed Atsumu as he ditched his shoes beside the door, "I can't believe it's been a year since we've last been to your house."

"This covid stuff was really tiring," Suna continued, entering behind him. "It's been a while since I've played a match. Although, being at home was quite nice."

Mizuki understood. "Yes, well, I'm sure everything will go back to normal eventually."

"That'll take too long!" the blond whined; his friends and family were glad to see that he got rid of his piss-coloured hair. "I want to play again on an international court!"

"You'll still be warming the bench," Osamu pointed out.

"Shut up, Osamu!"

Atsumu stuck his tongue out as he slipped on one of the slippers Bokuto had ordered for him. The MSBY volleyball players were all frequent guests at the Sayeko house, including the Olympic Volleyball team members, so, to save the hassle of them bringing their own slippers, Bokuto had ordered some just for them. Your beloved author wouldn't be lying if she said Atsumu and Hinata teared up a bit. Doing such a thing was a show of trust and friendship within the Sayeko household.

"I'm sorry in advance about him," Sakusa gruffed as they walked inside; he copied Atsumu's earlier actions, albeit in a more refined manner. Mizuki extended the personalised slippers she had gotten for Osamu, Suna and their daughter. Her lips quirked upwards, kindness shimmering.

"It's fine," she laughed.

Walking through the house, each and every one of their guests were amazed at the hours upon hours spent on the decorations. Lights were strung from everywhere, connecting with each other and adding a luminous, argent glow to the rooms. Silver and turquoise decorated garlands sat upon the railings, glinting under the artificial gleam. Taped against the myriad of windows were paper-cut snowflakes, no doubt made by the family of ten. Each design was unique in its own way; some were scruffy with rough edges, torn sides, and some were done so elegantly that everyone who paid attention to the snowflakes knew only Mizuki could have created them.