065 | family-themed nursery

why else love if not to feel
stars exploding in our veins?

MIZUKI STAYED IN THE hospital for another five days, the doctor and nurses making sure she and the babies were okay until finally dismissing them

"Here, I got it."

Kuroo opened the door, Akaashi helping their fiancé into their apartment. In Bokuto's arms were the twins, his hands gripping the bars for the car seats they had bought a few months ago. Between you and I, the soulmate penta had four more in the nursery. Why? Who even knows. Mizuki said, and I quote, "we must be prepared for everything."

"I'll take them to the nursery," Bokuto announced, walking to their guest room turned nursery with Kenma trailing behind, both baby bags slung on his shoulder. He hated carrying the heavy weight, but for his kids, he'd do anything.

A smile spread across the duo's face, stepping into the nursery Mizuki spent hours on. She took it upon herself to design it, making sure her babies only had the best. The four walls were painted a very light shade of blue, more on the white side in Bokuto's eyes. The corner by the baby beds had a large plant growing out, its branches stretching across the wall, painted absolutely exquisitely, leaves moving across the three upper corners. Laying along the roots were two cats, one coloured black with a very familiar hairstyle and one coloured yellow and brown, mingling with each other.

On the branches were two owls, one coloured a grey and white colour, snuggled up against a black coloured one. The cats and owls represented them, their marks upon their soulmates' body. Mizuki had surprised them with the painting, and yes, the boys did cry upon seeing the animals. She hadn't let her soulmates in the room while she was working on it, and she spent a good few weeks on it.  

The tree, she had said, represented Tooru and Hajime from their days in Aoba Johsai. On the right of the wall were birds painted among clouds. There were six crows Karasuno, three eagles Shiratorizawa, and one seagull Kamomedai High. Opposite the cats were two foxes, representing Inarizaki. Oh, and Bokuto couldn't forget the alien and UFO Oikawa forced Mizuki to paint on the other corner of the wall. Each being on the wall was meant to surround their twins with their families, with the bonds the soulmate penta had developed thanks to volleyball.

Least to say, their friends cried at the sight.

Mizuki truly cared for them. She let them into her heart, let them be a part of her future, and she wasn't going to let them go anytime soon. Not when they had such a huge impact on her life.

"Welcome home, kids," Bokuto whispered, placing the car seats on the changing table they had placed alongside a wall. The twins' cribs were by the tree, twin moon lights hanging down, a device attached along the top that moved the stars, that were also hanging, and the moon around in circular motions. It was meant to help the babies sleep at night, and Mizuki had included the musical recording that she would play for the twins while they were in her womb.