014 | yui's gay panic attack

the soul that sees beauty
may sometimes walk alone

THE REMAINDER OF THEIR GIRLS NIGHT was spent binging various foreign comedies and gobbling up the snacks displayed on the coffee table

THE REMAINDER OF THEIR GIRLS NIGHT was spent binging various foreign comedies and gobbling up the snacks displayed on the coffee table. After the conversation with her aunt, Mizuki experienced an awakening of sorts; her hardheaded, closed opinions on soulmates shifted. She realized she had been unreasonable and unfair towards the four, judging without even getting to know them.

Nekoma's captain was correct: her actions were utterly absurd.

"What's done is done," Akira spoke, snapping Mizuki out of her ruminations. The lavenderette turned towards her aunt, her firm grip on her chopsticks loosening. They sat around their breakfast table, a plate of eggs placed before both of them courtesy of the older brunette. "There's no point regretting what happened."

"I know that." Mizuki exhaled deeply, leaning back in her chair. "What am I supposed to do now?"

"I'm afraid I can't help you there," she answered, a sympathetic smile spreading across her lips. "All I can tell you is explain to them what you want, be absolutely honest with them."

"I did that once. Things didn't turn out so well." Mizuki rose a piece of egg to her mouth, puckering her lips and gently blowing out cool air. "What guarantees their want to be with me now? They probably hate me."

"Do you know that?"

"No, but"

"Then there you have it," Akira interrupted. "You won't know unless you speak to them."

Mizuki huffed, shoving the food into her mouth while she bitterly muttered, "I hate it when you're correct." Chuckles rumbled out of Akira's throat, amusement glossing in her eyes at her niece's childish antics, glad to see she still retained them.

The two resumed their breakfast, finishing things up quickly and heading their own respective ways one to work and one to school.

Stepping into her classroom, Mizuki sat before her desk, opened her novel, and dove into a new realm, enveloping herself in a little sanctuary as the world faded out around her.

Reading was her coping mechanism; an escape from reality. It distracted her from the troubles that held a vice-like grip in her mind troubles in which she wished to avoid at all cost, but knew that doing so would be cataclysmic for her mental health.

So, she read her heart away.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

Hinata tingled from his head to his toes. He bounced on his flexing feet and rubbed the ball in his hands together, wearing the facial expression of a child gifted an exceptionally large present. His stare remained on the door, eyes brightening up every time someone stepped in until they dulled when it wasn't his desired person.