060 | she'd be an amazing mother

she was iridescent.
they couldn't look away

STIFFLED SOBS REACHED THE EAR of a certain lavenderette, lilac eyes darting over to the source

STIFFLED SOBS REACHED THE EAR of a certain lavenderette, lilac eyes darting over to the source. Mizuki spotted a child crying on the streets, hands balled into fists, fruitlessly wiping away the endless streams of tears tracking down her face. Concern flourished in her body, and Mizuki walked over.

"What's wrong?" she asked, crouching down to face the girl, making sure she didn't flash anyone in the skirt she wore.

"The pedestrian crossing!"

Mizuki tilted her head, glancing up to see the red person symbol on the traffic light.

"The pedestrian crossing?" she questioned.

The girl nodded, fingers trembling and chest heaving, tiny lungs rushing to inhale as much oxygen as possible.

Getting the gist of it, Mizuki stood. "Alright, I'll cross with you."

She offered her hand, and the girl clutched onto her arm in fear. When the sign changed, the green man popping up, the duo crossed over. Mizuki squeezed the child's hand, walking beside her and offering her company as protection. They reached the other end, and just as Mizuki was about to pull back, the girl held her closer, looking up at the female with big teary eyes.

"There are a lot of pedestrian crossings on the way to school!"

Mizuki softened, reaching down to brush a tear from under her eye.

"Lead the way, then."

Walking through the streets, memories flashed before Mizuki's eyes, her childhood returning to her, faded moments with her mother, joyful experiences with her old volleyball team, and fond moments with her soulmates. Oh, how times have changed.

"You're doing wonderful," Mizuki said, her fingers laced with smaller ones, a comforting warmth oozing out of her heart an almost maternal warmth. "Are we almost there?"

The child nodded, pointing over to the building that was coming up, a newly established elementary school. A familiar silver-haired male stumbled out through the door, eyes wide in fright and worry. Hazel-brown orbs landed on the girl, and those feelings melted into relief.

"Ai-chan! You had me so worried!"

"Suga-sensei!" cried the girl, Ai, and she let go of Mizuki's arm, rushing into the kneeling teacher's arms, face buried into his chest as she sobbed profusely. "I'm so sorry!"

"There, there; it's alright. I'm glad your safe." Sugawara petted her head, turning to thank the woman that brought the child, only for his eyes to widen tremendously when he saw who was before him. "Mizuki!"

"Hello, Koushi," she greeted, her lilac eyes still retaining their warmth, though Koushi could see how much she had matured. Her stoic features mellowed out, the gigantic ice walls encompassing her heart no longer there, melted into puddles of warmth, flowers blossoming around her heart instead, welcoming all, yet threatening them with the thorns on their stems.