024 | the stars watch them fondly

half of her beauty is her brain

"OI! SAYEKO-SAN!" Hearing the voice of Keishin Ukai, the coach of Karasuno's boy's volleyball team, Mizuki turned to his direction, seeing him standing in his usual attire

"OI! SAYEKO-SAN!" Hearing the voice of Keishin Ukai, the coach of Karasuno's boy's volleyball team, Mizuki turned to his direction, seeing him standing in his usual attire. He beckoned her over, their tall, lanky crow standing beside him. Mizuki nodded.

"Here," she said, passing the ball to Ennoshita. "Continue practising the spikes." He nodded, and Mizuki made her way over to Ukai, dodging any of the volleyballs that flew past her and brushing off the apologies that followed after them. "Yes?"

Coach Ukai motioned to the boy beside him. "Tsukishima's asking for tips on blocking opponents that are taller and stronger. Got any advice?"

Mizuki was pleasantly surprised to hear Tsukishima asking questions about the sport. He was growing, finally ready to leave the nest and fly amongst the other players.

"It's all about timing," she answered, shifting to face Tsukishima.

"Coach already explained that."

"Well, once you know the theory, the next best thing is to watch and learn."

Ukai nodded, agreeing with her. "Someone nearby with good individual skills who is a good example when it comes to blocking would probably be Kuroo from Nekoma," he informed them, and Mizuki nodded, having seen her soulmate's ability first hand.

"If you'd like, I could ask his for his advice," she offered.

"If it isn't too much problem."

A smile broke through her mask. "Not at all," she replied. "Now, continue practising your spikes with Yamaguchi. You need all the practice you can get. You may be a middle blocker, but when we do our synchronised attacks, we'll need you at your best."

Tsukishima grunted but complied, picking up the volleyball beside him and making his way back to his soulmate.

Mizuki fished out her phone from her pocket, opening the app she used to message her soulmates and sending a quick text to Kuroo.

mizuki
tsukishima is asking for advice on blocking.

"Sayeko-senpai!" yelled Nishinoya. "We need help over here!"

Mizuki switched off her phone after she saw the two ticks beside her text. "Coming," she said, shoving the device into her pocket.

Ukai watched her go, arms folded over one another. A smile settled on his face. The boys weren't the only ones evolving during the training camp. It was evident that Mizuki changed as well, and not only he noticed. Most of the boys picked up on her transformation. They could see it in her eyes, feel it in her touch, hear it in her tone. She's not the same as she used to be.

She wasn't Mizuki Sayeko, the infamous Ice Queen of Karasuno.

No. She was Mizuki Sayeko, their volleyball analyst.