006 | do meth not math

her crown adorned sparkling jewels to represent her each and every quality

"THEY'RE ALL STARING AT US," whispered an orange-haired first year to his soulmate, inching closer to the taller male as he trembled infinitesimally

"Well, we are in their corridor," Kageyama said, clutching the books in his arms tighter, trying futilely to show that he wasn't as nervous as Hinata, though with many pairs of eyes on him, he couldn't help the dread and nervousness that crept upon him. Whispers from the older students echoed throughout the corridor as the two first years walked to the class at the end.

"Maybe this was a bad idea," Hinata commented, averting his gaze to the front as to not make eye contact with any of the third years that bore their gazes into them.

"Maybe." Kageyama shrugged. "But it's better than Saltyshima."

Hinata immediately sobered up, nodding his head as the disturbing memories of the blonde Read Blocker attempting to teach them caused a shiver to race down his spine. Tsukishima was rather scary when he was serious.

Appearing before the last class down the hallway, the two soulmates poked their heads in and sighed in relief when they saw their volleyball analyser sitting at the back, lilac eyes so calm and serene, trained on the book grasped in her hands. Silky lavender-coloured hair fell past her shoulders, swaying gently to the breeze that snuck in from the open window. She was reading a book written in English, a language they both currently struggled at.

"Sayeko-senpai." The said female snapped out of the imaginative world she placed herself in. Her surroundings that were once of luscious forests with trees as high as skyscrapers faded back to her classroom and Mizuki was brought back to reality.

Tearing her gaze from the compelling novel, Mizuki spotted Hinata and Kageyama standing at the door of her classroom, both looking quite nervous, even if they tried not to show it. The stares they received from the students that sat in the class, all of which wondering what two first years wanted with the Ice Queen, didn't help with their nerves at all.

"Hinata, Kageyama. To what do I owe the pleasure?" she questioned, watching as the two entered the classroom hesitantly, practically shaking in their shoes, well, mostly the shrimp. They could feel their pulse pound in their temples, the bond between them sharing the anxieties they both possessed.

Mizuki waited calmly for one of them to reply, her patience indefatigable. She knew that the duo was intimidated and that their brains were most likely fogged up. It was completely understandable, so she could wait.

Kageyama was the first to speak up for both of them. "I don't know if you know, but the Tokoyo trips are coming up," he started, rubbing the back of his neck as he tried to explain why the two were currently in her classroom. Mizuki nodded, gesturing for him to continue. "The only way for us to go is if we pass our final exams."