027 | sleepover with the soulmates

storm in her eyes, peace in her smile

"OYA OYA OYA?" A teasing voice broke the pair's special, intoxicating moment

"OYA OYA OYA?" A teasing voice broke the pair's special, intoxicating moment. "Are we interrupting something?"

Bokuto and Mizuki, who finally realised how close they stood, stepped back with a blush on their cheeks, feeling suddenly exposed.

"N-" she cleared her throat. "No."

Her heart had no business beating that fast.

Kuroo snickered, entering the room. "If you were going to kiss, please, don't stop on our account." Both their faces blew up, and Mizuki shied away quickly, averting her gaze. She wasn't going to admit it, but she yearned to feel his lips against hers, to connect with him in a way so intimate, she'd feel entirely complete. It was a lovely longing, a heavenly yearning.

And, between you and I, at the bottom of her heart, deep down, protected by multiple fortresses of ice, Mizuki was waiting for something to happen.

"Stop teasing," said Akaashi as he followed inside, dressed in a pair of grey sweatpants and a beige jumper. Behind him, Kenma adorned an over-sized red hoodie (most probably Kuroo's) and white baggy pants. The tallest of the lot wore checkered blue pants and a plain black shirt.

Kuroo only smiled innocently.

"My sisters went out," informed Bokuto, fiddling with the end of his towel, regaining his sense of confidence and energy shortly after his brain finally cooled down. "They left money on the counter. Should we get pizza?"

Kenma gave a slight nod, perched on Bokuto's bed with his electronic device. Akaashi, who were setting down their bags, agreed, as did Kuroo.

"Any preferences?" he asked Mizuki.

"Anything is fine. Though, do you happen to have any avocados?"

"Avocados?"

A faint glow of red imbued off her face. "I like avocados."

Bokuto laughed, the sound rumbling through the air, his golden-coloured eyes glinting under the artificial lights of his bedroom. "Yeah. I'll cut one up for you."

Kuroo interjected quickly, shaking his head. "I'll," he stressed, "cut one up for you, Mizuki. I don't trust this guy with knives anymore. One time we were making curry together and I left the chillies to him. I stepped outside, and he managed to get curry burns all over his face. Brilliantly, he thought to dump his face in a bowl of milk because, apparently, milk soothes chilli burns. As he was doing that, the rice cooker went off and triggered a power surge which turned off the electricity in the house. Kou, of course, hadn't realised since his face was in a bowl of milk. When he finally did look up, he thought he had gone blind with chilli burns."

"It was a disaster," added Kenma.

"Testu! You promised not to tell!" screeched Bokuto, flailing his arms around.