062 | never tell a woman they've put on weight

she's a gorgeous mess of chaos,
and you can see it in her eyes

THROWING UP IN THE TOILET was not how Mizuki expected to spend her morning

THROWING UP IN THE TOILET was not how Mizuki expected to spend her morning. She woke up feeling like shit; a deep, heavy sensation settled in her stomach, making Mizuki feel queasy. A sudden rise of liquid in her throat had her rushing to the bathroom, raising the toilet lid and throwing up her gut's content most of it was acid, and her throat burned.

Slender fingers gathered her hair, holding the strands up and drawing it away from her face. Another hand rubbed her back, soothing the tense muscles. Her fingers clenched around the ceramic surface, chest heaving painfully.

"You alright?"

Mizuki leaned back, panting slightly. A tissue hung before her face, and she grabbed it, mumbling a thank you and wiping her lips.

"Here, let's wash you up."

Akaashi helped her up, letting her lean on him as he guided her to the sink, using one arm to support her and the other to push open the faucet. Mizuki tilted forward, gathering water in her cupped hands and rinsing her mouth. She brushed her teeth, taking a minute longer because she detested the smell and taste of bile.

"Was it last night's food?" asked Kuroo, standing behind them, just in the doorway.

"Probably," she answered.

None of them brought it up again.

The days continued, each soulmate focusing on their jobs. Kuroo was an employee at the Japan Volleyball Association, working in the Sports Promotion Division. Bokuto, well, he was a volleyball player for the MSBY and spent the majority of his days' training with his teammates. Akaashi was an editor in a Shonen Jump Magazine, though he actually wanted to be in the literature department. He spent his time editing works, making sure everything was grammatically and punctually correct. Kenma had his streaming career and his company. He graduated from university a year ago, having done the majority of his classes online. He now focused on gaming and acquired help from Mizuki whenever there was a problem business-wise (game-wise, too).

Mizuki focused on her business, slowly branching out to other countries. Her apparel designs were sought out all over the world, hence why they published an online website. She was strict with her rules, personally hand-picking the heads of each department. She trusted them, and they trusted her, too. They worked together to raise Sayeko higher and higher.

Akira was very proud, to say the least.

Mizuki had done what she could not, and more.

So, it was safe to say that their little family was well off. They worked hard during the day and relaxed during the night (in Kenma's case, he worked hard at night, when he streamed most of his games, and left the business side to Mizuki, who was more than happy to help).