My Forever

Guess who's back.

Back again.

With a broken heart and a coworker I'll have to see in a few days. 

Love that for me.

Enjoy the update!

July 2032

Jenni's POV:

No one at Barcelona knows I left. Preseason started but I haven't gone yet. My office has cleared out, but none of the players know. 

Mapi texts often, asking where I am. 

My response is always the same.

Finishing the paperwork for my contract.

Mapi came over to watch the announcement of Mariana going back to Portugal.

Tomorrow would be my announcement. 

As the new head coach of Benfica. 

I knew it would cause problems with my friendship with Mariana, but the team looked too promising to pass up. 

"Breaking news out of Atletico Madrid. They have announced the transfer of Mariana Mendes. She has been transferred to Portuguese champions, Sporting CP on a one year contract. Atleti thanked Mariana for all her years at the club but stated that they had to honor her wishes of returning home. Sporting is very happy to welcome back Mendes to the club where she started her career. Her nephew, Gabriel Mendes Leon currently plays for their youth academy."

"Are you ok?" Alexia asked Mapi.

"I'm so happy for her," Mapi said. "I'm gonna miss her but she wanted this. She's been in Spain with me for years. I've been selfish. As much as she loved it here, this was never her home. Portugal is and always will be where she belongs."

"So you aren't going to be stupid about it this time?" Lola asked.

Mapi stood up and unzipped her jacket. Mariana's Sporting jersey was under it. "Stupid? No. Not this time. I'm her biggest fan." Alexia smiled and turned to me. "And when is Barca going to announce your extension?" Mapi asked me.

"Tonight," I said. "Everything is getting announced tonight."

Alexia grabbed my hand.

Lola looked down. "What happens." She said. 

"What?" I looked at her.

"When we all retire. Go our separate ways. What happens to us?"

"We stick together," Mapi said. "We didn't go through everything we have together, just to split up."

"Mapi's right," Alexia said. "Never thought I'd say that." She mumbled. "We've been through hell together, and it's not going to get easier because we retire. Our kids are growing up. Teenagers suck." She said. "Plus, as far as I'm concerned, Aitana, Mariona, Patri, Vir, Nahi, and Mari are still playing. 

"And me," Mapi said. 

"For how much longer grandma?" Lola smirked.

"Longer than you." 

"I'm gonna miss this." I said.

"What do you mean?" Mapi asked.

I sighed. "I shouldn't tell you this but, I'm not coaching Barca this season." 

"What?" Mapi said. "Why the hell not? Who's gonna coach us?"

"Someone we all know very well." I smiled.