Always

April 2021

Alexia's POV:

"Come on! We're going to be late!" I sighed. 

Jenni walked in. "I'm here." She yawned.

"You look exhausted."

"And you look beautiful." She smiled. "I'm fine. Let's go." She walked out to the car. 

"Ok." I got in the driver's seat and looked at her. "Are you sure you're ok?"

"I'm fine." She closed her eyes. "Stop asking."

I shook my head. "Let's go." I drove to the stadium.

We were facing Atleti today in a league match. We got to the stadium and headed out to the field. Jenni just seemed off.

"Is she ok?" Marta asked.

"She says she's fine." I shook my head. "I'm worried though."

"I am too. She doesn't look too good." 

I watched her talk with Leila. "No, she doesn't." 

We sat in the locker room getting ready. I kept looking over at her. 

As we stood in the tunnel I looked at Virginia. She waved and I nodded. 

We headed out to the field and stood ready for the game. I walked near Jenni. "Score a couple of goals." I said. "I like when Lola panics."

Jenni laughed. "For you, I'll score a hat trick." 

I walked away. "For me, you need to be ok." I said to myself. 

Jenni's POV:

I got the ball from Patri and raced forward. I shoot it and Lola couldn't save it. When I ran to celebrate I started to feel a little lightheaded. 

"You ok?" Carmen walked over. "Jenni?" She grabbed my arm.

"I'm fine." I pushed her hand away. I walked back to midfield. 

No one's POV:

"It's 2-0 now! Jenni with her 2nd of the game! There seems to be an issue with her though. Looks like Carmen Menayo is again over to check on Jenni."

Alexia's POV:

"You're not ok."

"Leave me alone!" Jenni pushed Carmen away.

"I got it." I grabbed Carmen. "Jenni? Hey, look at me." I put my hands on her face. "You don't look so good."

"I feel fine." 

"It's just me." I whispered. "Be honest with me Jenni. Please." I noticed the tears in her eyes. "Tell me."

"No." She pushed me away. "I'm fine. Everyone leave me alone." 

She started to walk to midfield when she collapsed. Mariona was close by and caught her, gently laying her on the field. 

"Jenni!" I ran over. "Hey come on. Open your eyes, Jenni." I put my hand on her cheek. 

The trainers ran over. "Alexia back up." I noticed gloved hands on my waist. Lola hugged me while they checked on Jenni. 

"Come on." Lola led me away. "Let them help her." 

 They took her off the field and down the tunnel. She was replaced and we finished the game without her. 

"They took her to the hospital." The trainer said. "She said she felt extremely lightheaded, and just seemed really out of it."