Betting

May 2026

Jenni's POV:

Mariana passed me the ball and I shot it.

"GOAL!!!" I ran to her and picked her up. "Scored by #10! Jennifer Hermoso!!!! Assisted by #7 Mariana!!!!!!" 

I held her and put her down. We were now up 1-0 in this game, but 2-0 for the series against Sporting. 

I could tell that winning was breaking Mariana's heart. Her childhood club, now her opponent. 

The game finished 1-0. We advanced to the next round. 

June 2026

Alexia's POV:

I woke up to Jenni laughing. "What?" I sighed.

"I'm watching the video of Lola again."

"Carmen grab her feet." Jenni said. 

"Hey Vir. Just think." Mariana said. "You get to do this ALL again at Mapi's party."

"No!" Vir yelled. "I am NEVER drinking again."

"She's drinking again." I heard my voice.

"Ale put the phone away and help!" Jenni said.

"No way this is too much fun. Lola say hi!"

"Hi." Lola said weakly.

"Oh shit." Jenni mumbled before letting go of Lola's arms. 

"Ow." Lola laid on the floor. Carmen let go of her legs as Jenni collapsed laughing.

I laughed as the video ended. "She was a mess."

"I'm going to make some coffee." Jenni sat up. "And then I'm going to call Leon. Make sure he's still on board to help."

"And I'll lay here." I looked at her. 

"You feel alright?"

"I just want to lay here." 

"Ok. The coffee will be delivered to your side." She kissed my forehead and left the room. 

I laid there and smiled. Then I leaned over and grabbed the picture in my drawer. The picture we got a few weeks after we found out the surrogate was pregnant.

The only picture we have of our baby.

I sat up and stared at it. 

"Babe do you want sug-" Jenni stopped in the doorway. "Ale." She sighed. She walked over and sat next to me. "Talk to me." She whispered.

"Why does it still hurt this much?" I looked at the picture. 

"Because that's our child, Ale." She said. "And it's always going to hurt." She took the picture from me. "We're going to have a baby, one day. Soon. But this will always hurt." I nodded. "Come on. The couch is calling us. Movie date all day with me?"

I smiled. "Always." 

Alexia's POV:

Before we knew it, it was Mapi and Mariana's wedding day. 

We stood and waited for everyone to get seated. Leila walked in with Mapi's brother. They stood and waited. Mapi walked in with her parents. 

"She looks so happy." Jenni smiled.

"It's her wedding day." I said. "Were you not that happy on ours?" I whispered.

"I was happy the day before, during, and I've been happy ever since. Never question my happiness."