Messed Up

May 2031

Alexia's POV:

I stood in the tunnel and looked at Jenni and Leila. 

Today was their last game for Barcelona. We were ending the season at home. Getting crowned champions. 

I walked up to them and smiled. "I'm gonna miss you two idiots."

Leila laughed. "Thanks, Ale." 

We walked onto the field and it all started. 

"Today we say goodbye and thank you to two Barcelona players. Leila Ouahabi and Jenni Hermoso. While both joined Barcelona in different ways, they both played for this club with pride. Leila joined the club at 13. Jenni signed on in 2013. And then again in 2019. Whether you were here at the start of your career or joined years later, you are and always will be part of the Barcelona family. Jenni and Leila, we thank you. Please welcome the families of Jenni and Leila onto the field."

I looked over at Mariona and we stepped forward. Jenni's mom handed me Enzo as Maxi jumped into Jenni's arms. Dario crashed into Leila.

"Mama can stay home now!" Maxi yelled.

"Yeah I can." Jenni smiled. "We'll get to have all the fun while mama is at work." She looked at me.

"We're older now, have our families to think about."

I looked at Enzo in my arms. 

It's time I start thinking about them. 

July 2031

Jenni's POV:

"Wait till Alexia sees me here." I said.

"She's going to kill you." Aitana said.

"I know." I smiled. "But she still loves me.

"Alright preseason let's get to wor- what the fuck Jenni?" Alexia stared at me. "Who's with the kids?"

"Who always watched them while we were at work?"

"There is no "we" at work anymore. You retired?"

"As a PLAYER. But coaching is just beginning. I hope you're ready for preseason."

"Oh I picked the WRONG season to come out of retirement." Mapi sighed. 

She looked at Mapi then back at me. "Wait? Are you the coach?"

"Yes I am." I smirked. "You may boss me around at home, but I'm in charge here."

"Shut up." 

"Right away." I walked away.

"Yep. You're in charge." Mapi smirked.

Alexia's POV:

"How was Italy?" I smiled. 

"It was fun." Mariana laughed. "I heard Jenni's the coach now." 

I shook my head. "She is. It's going to take a while for me to get used to having her as my coach but, I've always learned from her. It shouldn't be a big change." Mariana smiled. "How's your dad?"

"He's good." She nodded. "A lot better since the surgery." She looked down. "I thought I was gonna lose him." She whispered. "I can't lose anyone else."

I put my arm around her. "You won't. And no matter what happens, I'll always have your back. You can always count on me, understand?" 

She nodded. "What about my kids? Can they always count on Aunt Ale?"

"Always." I smiled. "No matter what."

"Good." She smiled. 

I didn't question it.

But maybe I should've.

Septmeber 2031

Jenni's POV:

"Babe! Did you see Leila's text?"

"Yeah. We're all going over there tomorrow. Wonder what the occasion is."

"We'll find out tomorrow."

"I hope."

The next day, we got the kids and went to Leila and Mariona's. 

Dario opened the door.

"Where's Mariona?" I asked.

"The kitchen." He smiled. 

"I know where I'll be." I ruffled his hair. "You need a haircut."

"I'm growing it out." He sighed. "Leave me alone." He walked away.

"Ohh. Grumpy teenager incoming." I saw Mariona.

"Don't let Leila hear you say that." She laughed. "He's her baby. Even if we did adopt him when he was already a grown man."

I laughed. "It's hard seeing them grow up."

"How are my little nephews." She played with Enzo.

"Amazing." I smiled. "What's all this for?"

"Just wanted to have everyone together." She said. "It's been a while." 

Everyone started showing up. The Mariana and Mapi came. "Something seems different about Mariana." Lola said. She stared at her then gasped. "Oh I'm a wizard." She walked away.

I looked at Carmen. She just nodded. "That's," she sighed. "my wife. That is my wife." 

Mariana walked over to me. "Can I talk to you?" 

I smiled. "Always. What's up?"

"You told me to tell you right away. It's a few weeks late but we just wanted to make sure."

I stared at her. That's what seems different.

October 2031

Jenni's POV:

"Mariana and Mapi are having another baby. We have our 2 little men."

"Pancake." Maxi looked at his plate.

I nodded. "Ok." I looked back at Alexia. 

"Maxi, don't play with your food." She said.

"I am the pancake king!" He screamed. Enzo stared at him.

"Don't be like your brother." She said. 

"Pancake!" Enzo yelled. 

She covered her face. "Help me." She mumbled into her hands.

I smiled. "Boys. Behave please."

"Yes mama." They both said.

"Oh sure. They listen to you." 

"I've been home with them more." I shrugged. "We have a system. It works."

"Right. I'm never home." She looked down. 

"Ale, I didn't mean-"

"No I get it." She got up. "I'm gonna be late." She kissed the boys bye and walked to me. "I'll see you in a few days." She kissed me and grabbed her stuff. "Be good my boys. I love you."

"I love you!" She left and I looked at the kids.

"Mama you messed up."

"Thanks, Maxi." I nodded. "I know." 

I sighed. "I know I did." I whispered.