When You're Ready

Jenni's POV:

"Alexia come on!" I walked after her. "Can we talk about this?"

"No." She got in the car. 

I threw my head back. "I screwed up! I'm an idiot! I'm on another level of being an idiot!"

"Step one is admitting it!" Mapi yelled.

"DO YOU WANT TO GET PUNCHED!"

"Oh, she mad, mad. Ok." Mapi walked away.

I sighed and looked back at Alexia. "I'm not cheating on you, I would never cheat on you. Yes, I messed up when I left for Paris and I regret hurting you, but I will NEVER hurt you again in my life. Alexia, you are my everything. I would NEVER cheat on you. Laura just wanted to catch up when she was here for work. I didn't think I'd have to let you know about it because we met up once, talked and that was it. I shouldn't have worded it the way I did, but again I am an idiot. But I am an idiot who loves you and I will never hurt you like that."

She rolled down the window and looked at me. "You are the biggest idiot ever."

"I know."

"You really piss me off sometimes." I put my hands in my pockets. "Like really bad. You make me crazy, Jenni Hermoso. Do you know that?" 

"I do." I said. "I don't mean to."

"I know you don't. But you do." She sighed. "You really need to learn how to word sentences because that was just bad." 

"Well, one good thing did come from this." 

"And what is that?" 

"I got Leila to rant about Mariona. She loves her. Didn't even realize she was saying it until it came out." I smirked. 

"So we got 2 of the 3 idiots hooked?" 

I nodded. "Not Mapi, yet because they're still being stupid but."

"Let me have this win."

"Sorry." I looked down.

"Just gotta get Nahikari." She smiled. "Get in the car before I change my mind."

"Yes, ma'am." I got in and we left practice.

March 2021

Alexia's POV: 

"Always nice to be in Portugal." We walked around. "Mapi how's your girlfriend?"

"I don't have one." She said. "So stop calling her that."

"I never said who. I just said girlfriend, but nice to know that Mariana is still on your mind." I smirked.

"Don't you have to bother Jenni or something?" 

"Jenni is bothering Lola. I'm all yours." I smiled.

"No! Go bother Leila." 

"She's with Mariona."

"Virginia?"

"Take a look." She turned around.

"No! VIR YOU TOO!" 

"This doesn't concern you!"

Mapi stopped walking and looked at me. "What exactly are you waiting for?"

"The right moment."

"Hmm. And when's that?"

"Don't worry about it. You worry about your relationship and I'll worry about mine." She started to walk away. I caught up and put my hand on her shoulder.

"That's nice, Mapi. However, you aren't IN a relationship. But I'll go worry about mine, cause I have one to worry about." 

I caught up with Jenni and walked with her and Lola. "You're evil." Jenni smiled. "That's my girl." She put her arm around me.

"Alexia is freaking out because you're in public. Wow, that's growth." Lola smiled.

"She just couldn't deny this face any longer."

I rolled my eyes. "Shut up, Jenni." I laughed. "You're so stupid."

"That's her way of saying she loves me."

"Yeah, your relationship is weird. I'm going to leave before I catch whatever IT is." Lola walked away.

The Algarve Cup started and as it came to a close, we were in the final again. It didn't end as the year before. Portugal beat us. Seeing Mapi and Mariana just confused me. Why aren't they together yet?

"Don't question it. You and Jenni had that weird back and forth thing for like 84 years." Virginia said.

"That was complicated. They aren't." I watched them. "They're just stupid."

"You and Jenni were stupid." She said. "I mean seriously? You turned her down then she gets into a car crash and suddenly you guys are together?"

"One day you'll get it." I walked away. 

Jenni's POV:

"I was thinking we'd go out tonight." I leaned over the couch. "Have a date night? Nice romantic evening?"

"Really?" I nodded. "What do you have in mind?"

"I don't know. How about we go eat and see where the night takes us." I put my hand out. Alexia grabbed it and we went to the car. I opened the passenger door for her. "My lady."

"Dork." She laughed. 

I got in the driver's seat and froze. "I um." I looked down. "I haven't driven since the accident." I looked at her. "I want to take you out but I can't."

"Hey." She put her hand on my face and made me look at her. "It's ok. Just breath. I can drive. We can go get food and spend the night in. Together."

"I wanted to treat you to a nice romantic date night."

"We'll have more nights for that. I don't want you to do something you're not comfortable with. So get out, I'll drive." We swapped and she turned to me. "When you're ready, you'll drive. Baby steps." I nodded. "Ok?"

"I love you." 

She smiled and held my hand. "I love you too. So what do you feel like eating?" She turned to me and noticed my staring. "Actual food Jenni." 

I sighed. "You pick."