Scarred

July 2022

Jenni's POV:

"We will continue to follow this breaking story but it is confirmed. Mariana dos Santos Mendes is leaving Utah Royals FC after a very disappointing few months. No word on where she is heading but reports suggest it is back to Europe." I looked at Alexia.

"Any chance she comes to Barca?"

"We'll see." She smiled. "How about we skip Ibiza this year and go on that honeymoon?"

"You had me at skip Ibiza." She laughed. "Where do you want to go?" I asked.

"Hmm." She thought about it.

2 days later

"So why aren't you guys coming with us to Ibiza?" Lola asked.

"Just don't feel like partying nonstop this year." I said and looked at Virginia. "Besides I think she might actually kill me this year."

Vir laughed. "True that. I'm gonna help them with their bags."

"Really?" Carmen asked. "Vir is helping? I've really seen it all now." They walked away.

Virginia turned to me. "Honeymoon?" She asked.

"Yeah." I smiled. "Alexia's idea. I was gonna ask to skip Ibiza anyway. I swear you were going to kill me this year."

"Maybe I wasn't. Maybe I was. We'll never know will we?"

"Speaking of we'll never know. How's Nahikari?"

"She's good." She shrugged. "We've talked but she still isn't comfortable with anything."

"Just going to keep waiting?"

"She's worth it. I think she is at least."

"If you think she's worth it, then leave it at that." I put my hand on her shoulder. "All you can do is trust yourself."

Alexia's POV:

"Have fun." Virginia hugged me. "Enjoy your honeymoon." She whispered.

"Shut up." I pushed her. "Don't do anything stupid. I'm not there to get you out of it." 

"I make no promises." She saluted. 

I laughed. "You're annoying."

"I know." She laughed. "Tell me about it when you get home."

"Of course." 

They drove off and Jenni and I left for the airport. "Honeymoon time." Jenni grabbed my hand. 

"Honeymoon time." I repeated.

August 2022

Jenni's POV:

We got back from Bora Bora and settled into getting ready for preseason. 

Alexia was watching all the breaking football news.

"Well football fans after a month since she stepped away from Utah, Mariana dos Santos Mendes is finally returning to football! 4 offers from Europe's top clubs has ended in 1 winner signing the Portuguese striker. Sorry England and Italy, but Mariana is coming to Spain. Atletico Madrid have just announced the signing of the 25-year-old striker. This comes at a perfect time as they have struggled to produce goals following the departure of Ludmila and Toni Duggan."

I smiled. "Mapi must be so excited."

"And pissed. She's going to Atleti."

"What's wrong with Alteti?" I asked. "I played for them."

"Do you want me to answer that question honestly?"

"Your hatred for Madrid needs to disappear."

"Why?"

"Because you married me!" I said. "And I am a Madrid girl through and through."

"Yeah?" I nodded. "Hey Madrid girl, nice jacket you got there. What's that logo?"

"FC Barca- fuck you." I walked away as Alexia laughed. 

"Babe come back!" She yelled as she continued to laugh. 

"No!" I yelled back.

Alexia's POV:

"Maybe she'll do what I did after a season or two." Jenni said. "And come join us!"

"Should I threaten to leave?" Mapi asked me. "Like you did?"

"You know what?" I crossed my arms

"No. Tell me what." She smirked.

"You're an ass." I shook my head.

"Thank you!" Leila yelled. "I've been saying that since I met her!" I laughed.

"I'm happy she's back in Europe but Atleti? Really?"

"You played for them." I pointed out.

"Yeah and now I'm here playing for Barca."

"She's with Lola and Virginia." Jenni said.

"That's what I'm afraid of!" We all laughed. Mapi looked at her phone. "She's calling! Bye!" She answered and walked away. 

I saw Jenni looking at me. "You were going to threaten to leave for me?" She smirked.

"Shut up."

"You? The almighty queen of Barcelona was going to leave for me?" She laughed. "Oh my god. This is PERFECT."

"It's true." Mariona nodded. 

"I don't need this." I got up. 

"Babe come back!" She laughed. "Please don't leave!" Jenni fell out of her chair.

"That's your wife." Mariona said.

"Excuse me?" I looked at her.

"What?"

"We're not married."

"I know but you guys always act like a married couple. I didn't mean anything bad by it. Relax." She walked away.

"Nice going." Jenni laid on the floor. "At this rate, you're going to let it slip. And you were worried about Vir." She crossed her arms. 

I leaned down and looked at her. "Do you really want to try me right now?"

She smirked and grabbed my arms, pulling me on top of her. "Yes. I do actually."

"MY EYES!" Leila screamed when she walked in. 

"They're not doing anything." Sandra said.

"MY! EYES!" I stared at Leila. "There is a CHILD!"

I looked at Mariona who came to see why Leila was screaming. "That's YOUR wife."

She sighed. "Nope. I don't claim her." She left. 

"Wait. Mariona come back!" Leila ran after her.

"I'm on a team full of idiots." Aitana nodded and walked away.

I looked down at Jenni. "We scarred Leila."

"Good." Jenni smiled. "It's what she deserves."