Freedom

December 2019

Jenni's POV:

I woke up and looked at Alexia. Still asleep.

I got my things together and snuck out of the room. 

On my way to the door, I heard footsteps.

"Damn it." I whispered and turned around. 

"What are you doing?"

I turned and saw Alexia.

"Not what it looks like."

"Get back into bed you weirdo." She sighed. 

"It's a habit!" 

"It's different this time. Everyone knows! You don't have to sneak out." I nodded and followed her. She got into bed and laid down. "I'm tired please sleep." She closed her eyes. 

I laid next to her and she immediately held onto me. "I'm not going to leave."

"Ok. Just making sure." 

March 2020

Alexia's POV:

"ALEXIA!" The door flew open. 

"Mapi?" Jenni stood up. "What the hell?"

"Don't act surprised." She said. "You know what's going on."

"Alba isn't here." I rolled my eyes. 

"I DON'T CARE! I broke up with her." 

"You did that last week too. And the week before that. You are always going to come back. Mapi's not going to find anyone that will make her rethink it."

"Nope. It's for good this time." Mapi smiled.

Jenni choked and looked at her. "Is that finally over?" 

"Yep."

"So then why are you here?" I asked.

"How did you know you liked Jenni? Like when did you know you had feelings?"

"The minute I saw her." 

"Really?" Jenni looked at me.

"Yep. I looked at that stupid face of hers and was like yeah I want that one." Jenni smiled and turned to Mapi.

"I do have a stupid face."

"Yeah yeah you have a face only an Alexia could love." Mapi rushed out. "Back to me." She reached into her pocket and took her phone out. "We are heading to Portugal in a few days." She tapped away on the phone. "And I saw their roster. Now if anything happens and Leila pieces it together, I need you guys to be completely shocked and act like you know nothing."

"Ok?" Jenni leaned forward. 

"I'll let Leila believe that I have no idea who this girl is, but the truth is, I've known about her for months. Do NOT tell Alba or Leila."

"I don't care enough to tell Jenni and she's right next to me." I sighed.

"It's true." 

Mapi put her phone down in front of me. "Mariana." Jenni read. "I heard of her. She's like the up and coming star from Portugal."

"She's cute."

"Excuse you." Jenni turned to me.

"She is. Look at her." I looked at Mapi. "So what's the plan?" I leaned back.

Jenni's POV:

We stood in the tunnel next to the Portuguese players. "Is this what our relationship is now? Playing matchmaker."

"If we get Mapi a girlfriend she'll leave us alone."

"Ok but then we still have to deal with Leila and Vir." I said.

"I'm working on Leila ok?"

"Fine." I looked at Mapi. "Mapi!" She turned around. I motioned her over to me. "Stop staring at her."

"I can't help it."

"Look. When I first saw Alexia, I stared at her. For like an hour. Wanna know the first thing she said to me?" Mapi nodded. "Stop staring at me you creep." Mapi stood there. "And that's where I fell in love with her."

"You two are weird. Maybe I'm talking to the wrong people about this."

"Mapi." Alexia turned to her. "You are the best person I know. You're talented and beautiful. Anyone would be lucky to have you. So stop being stupid, play this damn match and then talk to her!" She pushed her away. "We are never dealing with Mapi's relationship again." 

"Deal."

Alexia's POV:

I walked to my locker and sat down. Leila flew over and sat very close to me.

"Yes?"

"Mapi has a crush."

"On?"

"Mariana dos Santos Mendes. Portuguese striker." She smiled. "She won't admit it but I know. I'm a genius when it comes to relationships."

"Really?" Jenni leaned over. "When did you notice that we were together?"

"About a month before you left for Paris!"

"We were together for like a year before that." I said.

"WHAT!" Leila stood up.

"Calm down genius." Jenni laughed. "Also if we're talking about things you can't notice. Please go talk to Mariona."

"Why?" She turned around. 

"Figure it out genius."

Mapi walked in and we all teased her about Mariana. Then before we knew it after our game, we were in Lisbon. 

Mapi was talking with Mariana as we walked around the city.

"It's beautiful here." I said.

"Not as beautiful as you." Jenni smiled.

I shook my head. "You're annoying."

"But?"

"But I love you." I grabbed her hand. 

She kissed the top of my head. "I love you too." I looked at the scars on her neck. "What?"

"They remind me of how close I came to losing you." I looked away. 

"They should remind you of how I came back. How you won't lose me. I came back to you." She stopped in front of me. "I'm here with you right now. And I love you." I nodded. "Now that Mapi is basically engaged." I laughed. "Who's next?" 

"Next we get Leila to finally admit she likes Mariona. Then we'll have freedom while we're in Barcelona." 

"When we get back to Barcelona I am taking you out." She put her arm around me. "Date night. Date night that isn't at home." 

I laughed. "Sounds like a plan."

"Alexia!" Leila ran over. "Aw look how cute you two are."

I stared at her. "Do you want to see tomorrow?"

"Yes?"

"Good. Then walk away." 

"I wanted to talk to you about Mariona?"

I sighed. I felt Jenni squeeze my shoulder. "What about her?" 

It's all connected!!! This will allow you to see a softer Alexia than we see in the main International story. 

Also, I may or may not be going to New Jersey in a few weeks to see Spain play the US.