Should Be Fun

Alexia's POV:

jennihermoso tagged you in a photo

I opened it.

jennihermoso: My partner in crime

I looked at the picture and sighed. "What are you doing Jenni." 

Jenni's POV:

I packed everything up in Paris and looked around. "You're really leaving?" I turned and saw Laura. I nodded. "You still love her. Alexia." I looked down. "It's ok. You go and you win back her trust. Don't mess up again."

"I won't. There's someone out there for you Laura. I'm sorry you wasted time with me."

"None of it was a waste. You don't give yourself a lot of credit. You aren't a horrible person. You're pretty great, Jenni Hermoso."

I laughed. "Thank you."

"Let's get you home." 

I sat on the plane to Barcelona and look at the pictures I had of Alexia and I. 

And the pictures of her by herself.

"Is that your girlfriend?" A woman asked me.

"Um, ex-girlfriend." 

"She's a beautiful woman."

"She is. She's my other half."

"So why aren't you together?"

"I screwed up. But I know that I did and I'm ready to fight for her. I just hope I'm not too late."

Alexia's POV:

Jenni Hermoso leaving PSG

I sat up and read the article.

After joining the club in 2017, the Spanish international is leaving. No news yet on where she's going but rumors suggest back home to Spain. 

Someone knocked on my door. "Samantha? I thought you were staying for the final?"

"To watch the USA most likely win another World Cup? When my Spanish girl is at home?" I smiled. "Want to go grab lunch? Or something it's ok if not. You're probably busy and-"

"I'm driving." I laughed.

"Of course." 

Jenni's POV:

I got to the facility and went inside.

"Jenni's back!"

I laughed. "I'm back."

"Come this way. All the paperwork is ready. Just need your signature."

"Perfect."

"Till 2022?"

"Till 2022. Hopefully longer after that. If you'll have me."

"Sign there. And we're all set. Welcome back, Jenni."

I stood up and smiled. "It's good to be back. To be home." 

"We'll see you soon for preseason."

I nodded. "I'll be there. Can't wait."

Alexia's POV:

"I had fun tonight." I looked at Samantha.

"Me too. When are you guys going on that getaway?"

"Soon." I laughed. "Should be fun."

Jenni's POV:

I got in the car and drove to Alexia's. I saw her car and got up. 

Walking up to the door I felt more confident with each step.

"Is it ok if I kiss you?" I heard.

I saw Alexia with someone and stopped.

I looked down and walked back to my car. 

"I'm too late." 

July 2019

Alexia's POV:

"I needed a vacation!" I closed my eyes.

"I hope you don't mind I invited,"

"Jenni!" Lola yelled.

I turned and saw her. She walked up to me. "Alexia. If you don't want me here I'll leave." 

"No." I smiled. "We're adults. We can enjoy a needed break."

"Can we?"

"Don't make it difficult."

"I won't. Wouldn't want Samantha upset." She pushed by me.

"Ok." I turned to her. "I went on one date with Samantha. And after we got back she asked if you could kiss me."

"And you said yes."

"I said no! I tried to move on. But unlike you, I'm stuck." 

"Here's the thing." She walked toward me. "The whole time I was with Laura, all I thought of was being with you. That's why after the game with the USA, I broke up with Laura. Then I left Paris and signed with Barcelona. I wanted to come home. Paris was fun but it's not Barcelona! I told you, home is wherever you are. You weren't in Paris. I was never home. Barcelona isn't home either. YOU, Alexia. YOU are my home."

"That was really good." Lola whispered.

"She just pulled that right out of her ass." Virginia whispered. Jenni and I turned and looked at them. "RIGHT! We're going to give you two a minute. Come on Lola!" 

They left and I walked up to Jenni. I grabbed her left hand and held it. "How's your arm?"

"Not completely healed but healed enough." She smiled. "Still worried about me?"

"I'll always worry about you. You're a danger to yourself." I let go of her hand. She laughed. 

"That's why you love me though."

"There's more reasons." I whispered. "I don't know if I can jump back in with you Jenni."

"Then don't." She put her hands on my face. "Let's just enjoy this vacation. Have some fun. Like you said. We're adults. We're single. We'll worry about tomorrow when it comes. Just focus on right now." I looked her in the eyes. She shook her head. "I missed those beautiful eyes of yours."

I grabbed her hands and removed them from my face. "I think they did this on purpose."

"Why do you think that?" 

"There's 6 of us." I said. "They got 3 rooms. Lola and Carmen."

"What if Vir wants to stay with you?" Jenni smirked.

"Like she'd do that knowing you're with us. And knowing them, they probably got 2 rooms with 2 beds and 1 room with 1 bed." I crossed my arms.

"Don't worry." She stopped beside me. "I won't bite." She continued walking. "Unless," She turned her head. "you want me to." She winked and walked away.

I shook my head and looked up. "This should be fun."