Little Brother

January 2030

Alexia's POV:

"Babe you almost ready!" I yelled.

"Yeah!"

"Come on! It's my goddaughter's 2nd birthday."

"Relax, Ale." Jenni laughed and walked downstairs. "Maxi, tell mama to calm down."

He shook his head. "No."

I smirked. "My smart little man." He smiled.

"Traitor." Jenni whispered.

We got in the car and drove to Mariana and Mapi's

"Godmother is here!" I opened the door. 

"Maxi!" Mapi yelled.

"Of course. I forgot when you have kids, you mean nothing." Jenni sighed.

"Spanish moms!" Mariana ran to us.

I laughed. "Mariana." I hugged her. "How are you?"

"She's 2. My little girl is 2." She said. "Where did the time go?" 

"Maxi's 3." Jenni shook her head. "I feel very old."

"You are very old." Leila walked over with a cupcake in her mouth. She looked Jenni up and down. "Grandma." She walked away.

Jenni nodded. "Ok. I'm gonna kick her ass." She followed Leila. 

Mariana looked at me. "So mama to be. How's everything?"

"Oh you know. Jenni's getting into her stressed out mode. His room is not done, nothing is put together."

"So basically how all of us have been when we got close to having kids?"

"Pretty much."

"Lola ran home AFTER the twins were born to put everything together." Carmen said. 

"I remember that. She was holding Xavier looking like a proud mom, leaned over to me and said "aw shit the fucking cribs!" and then put him in my arms and ran like hell." Virginia said. We all laughed.

"Watch your mouth in front of the kids." Nahikari nudged her.

"I'm sorry." Vir smiled. 

Jenni's POV:

I sat down and Gabriel sat next to me. "What's up little Mendes?"

"Nothing." He said. 

"Congratulations on Sporting. That's a big deal you should be very proud of yourself."

"I am. I'm going to miss Mariana though." 

"How about we make a deal." He looked up. "You go there and be the champion you already are, and I'll look out of Mariana for you. Deal?"

He smiled. "Deal!" I laughed. "She's my mom and my aunt. I want her to be proud of me." He mumbled.

"Kid," I put my arm around him. "she already is. She's been proud of you since the minute you were born. I remember that day. The way she talked about you, sent us pictures and videos. Mariana's career is full of awards, championships you name it, she's won it. But the proudest moment in her life? Raising you, Felicia, and Luca. You three are better than any trophy." 

"Really?"

"Really." I nodded. "And I know I'm not her, but I'm super proud of you." I ruffled his hair. 

"Thanks aunt Jenni."

"Anytime, nephew." I smiled.

February 2030