Make The World Better

"She's gone Alexia." 

"No. She's not gone! She can't be. Jenni come back please!" 

Jenni's POV:

I shot up in bed. My heart was racing. I tried to catch my breath but couldn't. 

Alexia was still asleep, I didn't want to wake her. 

Alexia's POV:

I woke up and saw Jenni. She was hunched over, clutching her chest. "Jenni?" I sat up. "Hey." I leaned over and grabbed her arms. "Jenni." 

She didn't respond. I got up and kneeled down in front of her. "Look at me." I grabbed her face. "Just look at me. Focus on me." She nodded. "Ok? You're ok. Just focus on me ok. Breath." I took her hands and held them. 

After a while, she eventually calmed down and I just held her in the bed. "You're ok. I'm here." I whispered to her over and over. 

"It happened again." She whispered. "The dream."

"Jenni." I sighed. "Talk to me."

"I died." She said. "And you just cried for me. Mariana was in it this time." She shook her head. "Poor Mariana." 

"When's your next appointment?"

"I have to make one." She said.

"I think that Mariana's brother dying reopened these wounds for you." I brushed my finger over her scar. "But you're human and it's ok to not be ok. What isn't ok is just keeping it to yourself. I told you that before, but we're married now. We're a team ok? When the weight of the world is on your shoulders, put some on mine. Let me help you carry this. We'll get through it, together. You aren't alone." 

"I didn't want to say anything because Mariana lost her brother. I survived, but he died. It's stupid for me to feel this way because I lived!" 

"It's not stupid. Jenni, you were in a car crash. Yes, you survived, but it still happened. Just because you lived doesn't make it any less scary." I looked away. "I had dreams like that too," I said. "I saw you, in the hospital. In pain and I couldn't help you. The car after you were hit. When Mapi called to tell us about Mariana's brother, it brought me back to when I was in the hospital. In the hospital waiting for you to wake up. We'll get through this together. Ok?"

"Ok."

December 2022

Jenni's POV:

We were at Mapi's. Mariana went home for a while but hasn't come back yet. 

"I thought Mariana was coming back for New Year's Eve?" I asked.

"We haven't really talked much since she left." Mapi played with her phone. "I called her mom, she said Mariana's been at her place. Hasn't talked to anyone."

"I'm sorry Mapi." I sat next to her. "What can we do?"

"I don't know." She got up and walked away.

Alexia sat next to me. "What are you thinking?" She asked.

"That we need to do something. Us? We're going to get through it together. Mariana needs to know that too."

Days passed and Mariana still didn't talk to Mapi. Tatiana went to check on her, but Mariana isn't in a good place and pushed her away.

Alexia walked over to Mapi. "She's not coming for New Year's Eve is she?"

Mapi shook her head. "Tatiana said she hasn't left her apartment. She won't talk to anyone."

Alexia stood up. "Maybe she'll talk to me. Give me your phone." Alexia took it. "Be right back." She left.

"What is she up to?" Mapi asked.

"Alexia's a good friend. If anyone will get through to Mariana, it's her." I smiled. "It's going to be ok, Mapi."

Alexia's POV:

I looked at my phone.

Mariana

I smiled and answered it. "Just landed." She said.

"Alright. I'll be right there." I said bye and hung up. I grabbed my eyes and walked toward Jenni. "I'm going to secure the package. Play along." I whispered.

"Got it." 

I walked to the door. "Where are you going?" Mapi asked.

"Don't worry about it." I walked out. As I was closing the door I heard Jenni.

"She always says that to me." Jenni crossed her arms. "Don't you just hate it?"

I got to the airport and waited. Once I saw Mariana, we got in the car and drove back to my house. 

Mariana and Mapi talked while I went inside to Jenni. "You make this world so much better." She said as she wrapped her arms around me. "I love you, Alexia Putellas."

"I know you do." I smirked. "I love you too." She kissed me.

"Get a room!" Virginia yelled.

"You're in my house. Think about that." I winked.

"OH MY GOD! YOU'VE DONE IT ON THE COUCH HAVEN'T YOU!" She jumped up. 

"Yep." Mariana stood next to me. "Baby friendly?" 

"This is a lesson for you." I smiled. "If you ever have a baby, don't make Virginia the godmother. She'll ruin that kid."

Mariana laughed. "I'll keep that in mind."