Alive

August 2023

Alexia's POV:

"Another preseason." Jenni smiled. "Ready?" I nodded. "You alright? You're quiet."

"I'm fine." I smiled. "Just ready to get this season started."

"There's my girl." 

We arrived at the training facility and preseason got started. It was always fun to start a new year.

"Mariona." I walked up to her. 

"Hey Ale." She laughed. "What's going on?"

"Nothing. How was offseason? You and Leila do anything?" I smirked.

"Seriously?" 

"What? It's me! You knew about Jenni and I!"

"Yeah after a year!"

I laughed. "You know how I am."

"We just hung out. Nothing special. You know how we are."

"Let me guess. Mapi was there?" 

She laughed. "Surprisingly no. She took Mariana on this romantic getaway."

"Mariana managed to get Mapi away from Leila during the offseason?" She nodded. "She gets better and better."

"I know. Now if only she can get Leila to take me on a romantic getaway." I laughed. "Baby steps." 

September 2023

Jenni's POV:

A new season has started. It's been great playing in Barcelona. 

Being with Alexia again. 

We all sat and watched Portugal's awards. Mariana was up for female player of the year and we wanted her to win. Because if she didn't we all felt Mapi would sprint to Portugal and fight someone.

"She's going to win, Mapi." Alexia said. "There's no way they don't give it to her." 

"Here are the nominees." A highlight of each nominated player was shown. "The female player of the year is," He looked at the name. "Mariana dos Santos Mendes."

"THANK GOD!" Mapi yelled. "I'M HER GIRLFRIEND!" She yelled in Leila's face.

"You're about to be MY victim." Leila said. Mariona grabbed her and held her arms.

"Calm down." 

"Fine." 

Mariana walked up and took the award. "Thank you. These past few months have been very exciting. After the way last year ended, I couldn't have asked for a better ending to this one. I want to take the time to shine the light onto my teammates. Everything I do for this country, our country, I am able to do because I have them. I hope we can continue to make all of Portugal proud when we head to our first ever Olympic games this coming summer." 

"Look at Mapi." Alexia whispered. I looked. "That's a look of love."

"I know." I smiled and turned to her. "I look at you like that every day." I kissed her hand. 

She smiled. "I love you." 

"I love you too." 

"Hey, love birds. Some of us aren't with our girlfriend right now." Patri said. 

"Who's fault is that?" 

"My own." She looked down and pouted. 

"Next up is men's player of the year. Here are the nominees." A highlight of each nominated player was shown again. "The men's player of the year is," He looked. "João Félix."

They showed João go up and accept his award.

Alexia's POV:

The next day we headed back for our training session. Everyone was teasing Mapi about Mariana and João being dates. Then started teasing her about being married.

Jenni just smirked the whole time. "Stop." I hit her. 

"Why?"

"Because." 

"Fine." 

Our next game was against Atleti.

We all went out for warmups. I watched Jenni walk over to Mariana. 

"I have a good feeling about this match." Mapi smiled. 

Virginia scored before halftime in the 34th minute. Assisted by Mariana, of course. 

As a rival of Atleti, I want them to fail. But as friends of them both, it makes me happy to see them playing so well.

At the whistle, I walked to Jenni. "That chance you had earlier. If you just brought it down and got it to Patri we would've scored."

"I had the shot, Ale." She said. 

"I know but so did Patri." 

She nodded. We headed back out of the 2nd half and continued to create chances. Chances that we couldn't finish. 

Jenni's POV:

Atleti got a huge stop and Carmen sent the ball up to Mariana. I jogged and watched Mapi and Andrea defend. Mariana and Andrea jumped up for the ball, Andrea was a few seconds behind and clipped Mariana's feet. 

Mariana fell to the ground and everyone on the field heard her scream. Andrea continued to play as Mapi and even Sandra yelled for the trainers. 

Lola jogged to midfield and stood next to me. Virginia kneeled down and watched as the trainers called for the stretcher. 

Leila held Mapi and Alexia ran over. 

"How bad is it?" I asked.

She just shook her head. I looked over at Lola who just kneeled down. 

The took Mariana off and I walked toward Mapi.

"I can't." She said.

I nodded. "Go."

She walked off the field and down the tunnel. Play resumed but all of us were worried about Mariana. 

Carmen got Atleti's 2nd goal off a free kick and they went on to win. 

After we all headed to the hospital to visit her. 

"It's broken." She mumbled and looked at me. "Jenni you're here!" She smiled.

"Of course I am, kid." I put my hand on her shoulder. "I'm always here." 

"Mapi look. Jenni's here."

"I see her." Mapi looked at her. "Why don't you rest ok?"

"Ok." She closed her eyes. 

"She's on pain medication." Mapi sighed. "That's why she's."

"It's cute." Alexia smiled. "Drugged Mariana is adorable." 

"What happens next?" I asked.

"She's gonna go back to Portugal. Get surgery on her leg and we'll go from there. It's going to be a long road."

"We'll let you go." Alexia said taking my hand. "Call us if you need anything."

"Thanks." Mapi went back into the room. We all left and Alexia and I headed home.

"What are you thinking?"

"It's like when you broke your arm." 

"True but we weren't together then."

"Right. That's when you were stupid." 

"I." I shook my head. "Yeah. That's when I was stupid."

"You're still stupid." She smiled.

"But you're stuck with me. FOREVER!" I cheered.

She laughed. "You're lucky I love you."

"I am very lucky. The luckiest person alive."

In The World we have drama

In Back to You we have the softness

A good mix.