Blood or Not

March 2029

"I'm so sorry! I need help! My son get my son!"

"What did you do?"

"I couldn't stop it!"

Jenni's POV:

I opened my eyes and looked around. 

It was just a dream.

"Are you ok?" I heard Alexia. I looked at her.

"Yeah." I yawned. "Are we home yet?"

"Almost. I was just about to wake you." She smiled. We got home and put Maxi in bed. 

I sat on our bed and stared at the wall. "Babe?" Alexia walked in. "Are you sure you're ok?" She sat next to me.

I sighed. "I had a dream in the car. We crashed. I've been having the dreams again sometimes." She put her hand on my neck.

The scars.

They aren't as noticeable now, but to me, they'll never go away

"Why didn't you tell me." She whispered. 

"Because I'm not the one dying this time." I said.

"I'm so sorry! I need help! My son get my son!"

"What did you do?"

"I couldn't stop it!"

"I get out of the car, I can't find you or Maxi." I stared at the wall. "The paramedics come. I tell them to find Maxi. To find my son. And they do. He's always fine. He's always ok. Not a mark on him."

"Alexia! Where's my wife? I need my wife!"

"It always ends the same way."

"I'm sorry. Your wife is gone. It's just you and him now."

"You aren't going to lose me, Jenni." She said. "You and Maxi are stuck with me. Understand?"

April 2029

Alexia's POV:

"Atletico Madrid advance to the final! They beat PSG."

I looked at Jenni. "Well look at that. A former club of yours knocked out another former club of yours?"

"How's our current club?" She smirked.

"Get out." I got up. She laughed.

"The only thing we have to worry about is the season. We have more days off. More days to spend together and with our son." 

I looked at her. "Do you ever think about having another baby?" 

"Sometimes." She said. "I'm not an only child. You aren't either. Why should our son be one?"

"So if I said I want to have another baby you'd be ok with it?"

"Ok with it?" She got up and walked toward me. "I'd be excited about it. I'd ask when."

"Not right now." I said. "But soon. Maybe when Maxi's a little bit bigger." 

"How much bigger?" She asked. "I swear he's already 18." I laughed. 

"I don't know. I think when the time's right we will." I smiled. "We'll know."

"We will." 

May 2029

Jenni's POV:

"Happy birthday!" We sat with Maxi. 

I smiled and looked at Alexia. "He's 2."