What's Going On?

November 2021

Alexia's POV:

"Hey Vir." I sat next to her.

"Hi."

"How are you feeling?"

"I feel nothing. I'm dead inside."

"I," I paused. "I don't know how to respond to that."

The doors opened and Nahikari walked in. Virginia sat up and looked at her.

"Oh ok." I nodded. "I see what we're doing."

"What? What are you talking about?"

"The first time Mapi saw Mariana, she stared. First time Leila saw Mariona, pretty sure she stared, The first time Jenni saw me, she stared. And you? You are staring at Nahikari." 

"No, I'm not." She looked down.

"She's coming this way."

"No, she's not."

"How do you know?"

"Because I was wat- oh you son of a bitch." I laughed. "It's nothing."

"Hmm. Said the same thing about Jenni. And you told me-"

"To follow your heart. Yeah yeah, I know." She waved me off. "We can't all have what you and Jenni have."

"No. But we can all have our own version of it." I put my hand on her shoulder and leaned closer. "Talk to her." I whispered then got up. 

I sat with Jenni and watched. "Can I sit here?" Nahikari walked over to Virginia. 

"Yeah. I was just going to ask if you wanted too." She smiled. 

"Mission accomplished." I high fived Jenni. "All our friends are now off our backs."

"Yes, they are." She smiled. "Freedom!"

Lola turned around. "Ha. Like you can get rid of me."

"She can." Carmen sat next to her. 

"You're whipped, Mapi's whipped, Leila is super whipped." Jenni laughed.

"If Leila's super whipped what are you?" I crossed my arms. 

"She said you ain't seen super whipped!" Lola laughed. 

"It's amazing that she's older than me." Carmen said. 

"Our older women." I shook my head.

March 2022

Jenni's POV:

"Mapi is in England with Mariana. Leila is at Mariona's. I have no idea with Virginia is." Alexia sat next to me. "A short break and we're alone." She closed her eyes. "What do you want to do? Anything. You name it, we'll do it."

"Let's get married."

"Anything except that." She opened her eyes and sat up. 

"I'm serious."

"So am I." She said. "Let's get married? Jenni what the hell."

"What you don't want to marry me?"

"I want to marry you but," She looked around. "Are seriously doing it like this? Not even officially asking me?"

"Alexia. I've been in love with you for almost 10 years. The moment I saw you, I fell. I waited then, I waited after Paris, but I'm done waiting. I wanted you then and I want you now. Alexia Putellas, will you marry me today?"