Welcome to the World

January 2028

Alexia's POV:

"He is actually 8 months old." Jenni said. "After the World Cup, we started talking about it. After your wedding," She looked at Mapi. "We met with a surrogate, and she carried the baby for us. A boy. Maximiliano Cruz Hermoso Putellas." Jenni looked at me. "Born May 13, 2027."

She didn't tell them about the miscarriage.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Lola asked.

"We were going to but then he got pretty sick. Luckily, he's better now and is going to live a long healthy life. And when we were going to tell you, Mariana was pregnant. We didn't want to take away from you guys." I said. "Then he got sick and," Jenni put her arm around me.

"He's been in Madrid with my brother. I'm going to get him now. I was going to get him earlier, but Mapi delayed getting the room together and then Mariana went into labor." Jenni said.

"While we're confessing things." Carmen looked at Lola. Lola began shaking her head. "We're married. For like a month now? We didn't want a big thing. We've been together forever and just one day decided why not."

Mariana woke up. "I'm happy you are all confessing this while I'm asleep!"

I laughed and walked to her side. "How are you feeling?"

"Like you kept things from me." She whispered.

"I wanted to tell you. You had enough going on. I didn't want to add to it."

"No more keeping things from me." Her eyes started to close again. "I love you and Jenni too much."

I laughed and brushed back some of her hair. "We love you too. Now get some rest, ok?" She nodded and fell back to sleep. I looked at Jenni. "You should head to Madrid."

She nodded. "Do you want to come with me?"

"I'll get everything ready for him at home. So he can come home and be settled."

She smiled. "Walk with me." She held her hand out. I took it and we walked out of the room. As we walked to the car and just held my hand.

"Why didn't you tell them about the miscarriage?"

"We will, but with everything that just happened with Mariana, it didn't seem like the right time. When everyone is out of the hospital. And I mean everyone, we'll tell them."

We got to the car and I looked at her. "You are my everything, Jenni. I love you."

"I love you." She smiled.

Jenni's POV:

I got to Madrid and headed to the hospital. "Hi, I'm the mother of Maxi. They called me a few hours ago."

"Yes. Your brother came in shortly. We're getting everything ready to discharge your son."

I went to the room and saw my brother. "Have you seen him?"

"No. Not yet."

We waited and the doctor came to get me. "Come with me." He smiled. "He made great progress."

"So he's better now?"

"Yes and no. He's in the clear but I have contacted his doctor in Barcelona. He will continue treatment for about another month. Minor treatment, but he will be fine."

I nodded. "Can I see him?"

"Of course."

Alexia's POV:

"Ale. Go home." Mariana smiled. "Get ready for Maxi."

"I don't want to leave you."

"Mapi and Virginia are here."

"That doesn't make me feel better." I said.

"I'll be fine. Your son will be home soon. Go see him, please." She said.

I grabbed her hand. "If you need me, call me. Please?"

"Yes, mom." She smirked.

"You're a mother now."

"So are you. With our idiot wives."

Mapi ran into the room. "I went down to get water, and they just gave me a bag of cookies!" Mapi smiled. "I didn't even have to ask. How great is that!"

"Good luck." I kissed her forehead and looked at my goddaughter. "I'll see you later little one." I whispered. I walked over to Mapi. "You take care of both of them."

"With my life." She said. "Go take care of your son. We expect pictures."

"I'm sure Jenni will be sending a bunch before she's even home." I laughed. Virginia walked in. "You got this godmother?"

"I've got this." She smiled. "Go be a mother." She hugged me. "Love you."

"Love you too, Vir." I rubbed her back. I left the hospital. Alba pulled up and drove me home. I waited and then Jenni came. She brought Maxi inside and I stared at our son.

"He'll continue a mild treatment for another month. But the doctor in Madrid said he will be fine." She smiled. "Will we? Are we ready for this?"

"It's too late to back out now." I laughed. "We're ready for anything. Because we have each other."

Maxi started to cry. "I'll feed him." Jenni picked him up. "Let's get some food in you." She walked to the kitchen.

I smiled and looked at my phone.

Mapi posted a picture of Mariana holding the baby. Mapi was staring at both of them. The picture Virginia took.

marialeonn16: After a few scary moments, mom and baby are fine. I never thought I'd experience this. I love Mariana and I love our daughter. Welcome to the world Felicia Andreia Mendes León.

I liked the post.

"Babe look at how cute he is!" Jenni said from the kitchen.

I laughed and went to see. "Of course he's cute. He's me." I looked at him.

"True. You're going to be one handsome kid when you grow up. And since he is you, he'll have the biggest heart. Hopefully, he has your talent and your smarts." I watched her stare at him. "I can't wait to watch you grow up, little man. Just don't do it too quickly."