Another Chance

June 2028

Jenni's POV:

"Is this what you want?" I asked. Mariana nodded. "Then do it." I said. "Mari, if you feel like this is what's best, you need to do it."

"I thought we would've fixed it by now." She said softly. "Barcelona was home because I had Mapi. But I'm not even living here anymore, not completely."

"You have my full support." I smiled.

"Good because it's kind of already happening." She said.

"Mine too." Alexia walked in. "I don't even know what we're talking about but you always have my support." She hugged Mariana.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

She turned to me and smirked. "Meeting up with Leila. We have an errand to run." She walked out and I looked at Mariana. 

"Alexia running an errand? With Leila?"

"Oh no." I looked away.

Alexia's POV:

"Come on, Leila." I sighed and beeped again. The door opened and she ran outside, tripping on the way.

"I TOLD YOU TO BE CAREFUL!" Mariona yelled.

"I DIDN'T LISTEN!" Leila yelled back. She got in the car and smiled. "Here I am."

"You're a mess."

"You love me, Ale. Admit it." I laughed. "What's the plan?" She asked.

"We are going to talk some sense into our dumbass tattooed friend."

"Why?" She asked. "I mean, I want Mariana and Mapi to fix this but, Mapi won't listen to us. I've tried, Lola's tried, even Alba's tried. Mapi is being a stubborn little shit."

"She'll listen to this." I drove to Mapi's.

We got to the door. "How are we doing this? Good cop bad cop?" Leila bounced around. "OH! I'll kick the door down like in all those cop shows! Freeze!" She made a gun with her hands. 

"Are you done?" 

"Yes." Leila looked down. 

"Knock on the door." I said. 

Leila knocked and waited. "Mapi open the door! Come on. It's time to get off your ass!"

"No!" Mapi yelled back.

Leila sighed. "Keep going." I whispered.

"Mapi. Don't make me make Alexia kick this door down!" Leila looked at me. She gave a thumbs up.

"Like Alexia is even with you." Mapi said.

"Wanna try that again!" I yelled.

We heard someone moving around quickly and the door opened. "Let's make this clear. I opened the door because it's new not because I'm scared of you."

"You're scared of me. Don't lie to me." We walked inside. "Damn Mapi it smells like something died in here." I looked around.

"Something did. Her marriage!" Leila laughed. 

"Fuck you." Mapi said.

"Jealous that my marriage is stronger than ever?" Leila crossed her arms.

"I'm gonna kill you." Mapi went to the couch. "Yeah, my marriage is dead. Is that why you're here? To remind me that I fucked up again?"

Leila looked at me and I took my phone out. "Actually we came to tell you that as of now, Mariana is no longer a  member of FC Barcelona." 

Jenni's POV:

"FC Barcelona have confirmed that Mariana has left the club. Mariana has not played since early last year. She gave birth to her daughter earlier this year with Barcelona teammate, Mapi Leon. Mariana has not released any statement on her decision to leave and there is no news on where the striker will be going at this time."

I turned off the tv and smiled. "Do what you have to do Mariana." I looked at her. "But I feel like I already know where you're going."

She got up and answered her phone. "I know what to do." She said. "Tell them it's a deal. They can announce it now, I'll be there in a few hours to finalize the paperwork." She hung up and turned to me. "I should go." 

I stood up and walked to her. "I'm sad you're leaving but, I know you thought this through." 

She hugged me. "Thanks for everything, Jenni. You and Alexia have a baby to take care of and you're still looking out for me."

"That's what family does." I looked at Maxi. "Go." 

August 2028

Alexia's POV:

"She's really a member of Atleti now." I sighed. "Again."

"Barcelona wasn't home for her." Jenni said. "She's been living in Madrid with Vir for a few months anyway. It makes sense."

"Do you think Mapi will fix this?" I asked. "We've all tried to talk to her. Do you think she'll finally listen?"

"If she wants to stay married she'll have to." Jenni said.

"We should go." I stood up. 

"First game of the season coming up." Jenni smirked. "Let's go."

We sat in the locker room and looked around. "We would have to start our season against Atleti." Mapi mumbled.

"Universe said HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS BITCH!" Leila yelled and threw a water bottle down. I laughed.

"Don't you have someone else to piss off?" Mapi asked her.

"Yes, I have a list. You're numbers 1-50 though."

"Fuck me."

"Sorry, you have a wife for that. You two ARE still married yeah?" Leila said.

"Mariona I'm gonna kill your wife." Mapi said. I took a sip of my water.

"Don't get mad at my wife just cause yours walked out." Mariona said without looking up. 

I choked on my water. "Babe." Jenni put her hand on my back. 

"I LOVE YOU!" I pointed at Mariona. She smiled. 

As we were leaving practice for the day, Mapi grabbed me. She started talking about how all the jokes remind her of how badly she messed up. 

I thought about when Jenni left for Paris. How much it hurt to lose her. Having to see her in another country and not knowing if I'd get another chance. 

"So what are you gonna do?" I asked.

She looked at me and smiled. "I have a plan. And I need your help. If you're willing?" 

Mapi was a good friend to me while I was dealing with all the Jenni drama. I stared at her as she waited for my response.

"Of course I'm willing, Mapi." 

"Even though I dated your sister?" She asked.

"Everyone dated my sister." I rolled my eyes and sighed. "And I like you better with Mariana. So whatever you're planning," I smiled. "count me in."