Head to Head

Alexia's POV:

I looked at the view and went back inside.

Everywhere I looked, I was reminded of Jenni.

Traces of her were left all over the place.

I've seen her texts. Begging for me to talk to her.

I can't bring myself to respond. It's been a year now anyway, she's probably moved on.

She's really lost now.

"We're going out for dinner. Want to come?" Mapi asked.

"No thanks."

She sighed and walked in, sitting next to me. "Look, I don't know the full story but what I do know is you are Alexia Putellas. You are a beautiful woman and your best friend left? You aren't alone anymore! Jenni left, but we're still here."

"She was more than my best fr-"

"I know." She cut me off. "I know everything. I have eyes and ears, Alexia." She smiled. "The point is, don't get so caught up in what could've been and what did happen. Focus on what's next. The Champions League! The World Cup!"

"You're right." I smiled. "It just," I sighed. "It's like she's part of me. And she's not here and the way things happened? I'm missing part of me. Part of my heart."

She nodded. "And I respect that. I don't know the full story. If you want to tell me, I'm all ears."

"Thanks, Mapi."

March 2019

"We have our teams for the semifinal of the Champions League. FC Barcelona, FC Bayern Munich, and Olympique Lyonnais. PSG will join those teams after knocking out the English side Chelsea. Jenni Hermoso scoring the winning goal for her club."

"That means we have to,"

"Yep." I nodded. "I know."

"Alexia." Marta whispered.

"Doesn't matter. We do whatever we have to to get to that final. Beat whoever we have to." I looked down. "This is our time."

Jenni's POV:

I looked at the bracket. "That goal?" Irene pointed at me. "Perfection. Having you here has been amazing!"

"Yeah, it's been fun." I looked at the bracket.

"What?" She leaned over. "It's happening."

"It is." I locked my phone.

"How long has it been?"

"Over a year." I sighed. "I haven't been to camp in months. When I did go, she made it her mission to avoid me. Even told Jorge she couldn't work with me. I didn't even go to the last camp we had. She's probably moved on and I should too!" I said and opened a contact on my phone. "It's time."

Alexia's POV:

"Don't show Alexia."

"Don't show me what?" I walked up to Leila.

"This picture of a homeless dog?" She looked at Mapi. "Because it'd make you sad. I'm assuming dogs make you feel emotions?" I stared at her. "Mapi help me."

"You're on your own." Mapi left.

Leila stared at me, clearly panicking. "Wow! Look at the time!" She looked at her wrist.

She was not wearing a watch.

"I have GOT to go now! Got things to see. People to do." I smirked. "Wait that's not how it," I crossed my arms. "You know what? Nevermind. BYE!" She rushed off.

I shook my head and headed into the gym for my workout.

I opened my phone to play some music and saw the headlines.

FC Barcelona to play PSG in Champions League semifinal

Jenni Hermoso to return to Barcelona in Champions League

Two of Spain's best. Putellas vs Hermoso

I hit play on my music and put my phone away.

It was time to face her.

I can't ignore her now.

Not when we'll go head to head.

Who is Jenni contacting?

Is she going to move on with someone else?

What is Leila hiding from Alexia?

I honestly don't know... should probably figure it out before I write the next update.