lmk ✨

You glanced at your boyfriend, his light snores painting a pout on your lips

Mark fluttered his eyes open at his own noise, drowsy eyes looking back at you.

He smiled and pulled you near him, his strong arms embracing around your small figure.

You buried your face on his chest and sighed.
"Mark, I want a cat."

His eyes shot open, head overcasting to see if you were half-asleep. In fact, you were wide awake, eyes wide open as it stared back at him. He cleared his throat and hugged you tighter.

"You have me."

"You're always away and I can use some company." You hugged him tighter. "Please? For my birthday?"

Mark narrowed his eyes, "I'm allergic to cats and I'm pretty sure you're aware of-"

"Please." You whined, making his head fall back on the pillow with a sigh.

Morning came and you found yourself alone again in your bed. You scrambled to get your slippers, dragging your feet out of the room and glancing at the clock on the wall.

"It's past afternoon." You read aloud, hands rubbing the sleep off your eyes. You detached your fingers from your face once you saw a note on the kitchen table.

You picked it and laughed at Mark's awful handwriting. It said 'Good Morning!' with a smiley face drew on the side.

A call buzzed from your pajama, hands grasping it out from the pocket to answer.

"Good Morning, princess."

You smiled at the nickname, flopping yourself on the couch. "Are you in practice right now?"

"Recording actually. For Dream's full album." His voice sounded hoarse and low.

"You should drink plenty of water."

"Yeah, I will. Oh and, happy birthday."

"I wish I can see you, so I can squish your cute cheeks and-"

"Okay! That's enough. Do you remember the cat you asked for last night?"

"Yeah, what about it?"

The other line stayed silent, your eyes widening and a smile sprouting your lips.

"No freaking way Mark Lee!"

"Open the door." The call ended, making you gasp.

"Delivery!" A masculine voice was heard on your doorstep and you were quick to open the door. "Please sign here, ma'am."

You took the pen and wrote your signature, getting the huge box. Curiosity filled you, dragging the box across the floor as you ran out of breath.

"Such a heavy package for a petite cat." You dreaded a breath as you heave it inside the house. You closed the door and examined the box, it had a greeting card 'happy birthday' at the side.

You hastily got the cutter and scraped the box open. You peeled it wider, your smile falling and eyes dilating at the sight.

A small laugh puffed out of Mark's lips as he wore a kitty-ear headband with a matching outfit. He extended his hand out with a claw, lips parting in an awkward greeting.

"Me-" He stopped himself to clear his throat. There was no way he's gonna greet you with a deep voice. He pitched his tone higher, eyes gaping at you innocently.

"Meow."