Mad Hatter | n.jm

"I won't marry him." You turned your hands into fists, standing straight in front of your mother.

Your mother stood there in pure shock, breathing heavily before raising her chin.

"You are going to marry the neighboring kingdom's prince and that is final!" The stern voice made you feel small, your ears drooping at your mother's voice.

She hastily turned around with her gown while her maids follow her towards their shared room with the king.

You crumpled to the floor with shaky breaths, tears threatening to fall as your heart felt empty. It was all great when your father used to live...

"Your majesty, it will be the grand ball in two hours. We were told by your highness to dress you up immediately." June, one of your maids, bowed. You cried silently even more at the hallway of the palace.

~

You stood there with dull eyes, eyeing your mother who was eyeing you back to speak with the prince who was right beside you before she went back to laughing with the guests.

You looked beside you and saw the prince you were fated to marry.

"Hello." You started,

"Please," He placed a palm in front of your face as you leaned back. "I'm more uninterested than you think I am."

You can't help but scoff at his boastful attitude. You looked back at your stepfather and mother who were entertaining the guests. You rolled your eyes and scurry off to who knows where.

Your mother went to check on you, but her eyes widen when you were not next to the prince of the neighboring kingdom.

You kicked a fallen rose on the grass floor as you wondered at the palace's garden. You sighed, sitting down on the clean damp grass. You looked at the sky and suddenly a shooting star passed by.

You immediately closed your eyes and clasped your hands. It was totally foolish to believe in shooting stars, but you did it anyways.

You wish for a second, that every moment will turn into a paradise rather than a hellhole you are now in.

"Th-The time is ticking!!" A loud squeal made you jolt in shock. You search for the voice and you saw a big rabbit with a suit on, an eyeglass on one of its eyes and a locket watch.

"The time is ticking!!" It yelled again before hopping towards the garden maze.

You stood there, amazed, like someone was pulling a circus show right in front of you.

"An animal spoke to me." You mumbled to yourself as you slowly followed the hopping rabbit. It stopped and looked behind, you two made eye contact making him gulp.

It started to hop faster leaving you appalled at the moment. You decided to run after the rabbit as you trip over some small pebbles. Your feet chasing each other as your eyes didn't leave the hopping rabbit in a rapid pace.

And before you know it, you slipped. You slipped deep in the hole, falling into an endless pitch black hole. Your heart was racing, not knowing when your free fall would halt.

"Lassie, are you okay?" You heard. Your eyes opened and it started off blurry before returning back to its steady sight.

Your eyes widen at the sight of a man in front of your face as you sat up, making your foreheads bump into each other.

"Ah." He yelped. You groaned and rubbed the surface of your forehead. Your eyes darted back to the good-looking young man in front of you as he looked back at you with furrowed brows.

"Is that your way of self-defense? If it is, then you did pretty well." He stumbled to stand up as he dusted off his red stylish suit and adjusted his matching hat, a ribbon around it with a paper that reads, 13 1/2.

You stare at him with dumbfounded eyes as he glance down at you. He offered his hands as you gladly accepted it.

Your skin brushed each other as you felt your heart tingle inside. A sharp gasp escaped your lips as you fell back because of the slippery grass. You both fell back with a loud thump.

You opened your eyes and saw yourself in your bed in the palace. You sat up and discarded the blanket on you. You found yourself in the gown you wore at the grand ball.

"Finally, you're awake your majesty." A familiar voice rung on your ear. You turned to the voice and saw one of your maids, pouring you tea.

"June, what happened?" You slowly stood up and fixed yourself.

"You fainted at the palace's garden, one of the guests found you, your majesty." June smiled.

You furrow your brows at the oddly strange dream you had. It was as if, it was real.

You looked behind at the standing maid and saw a familiar face outside the window, down the gardens. The same red suit, red hat from your dream. He was walking around with a smile on his lips. You weren't able to catch his name, but he caught your interest.

He slyly looked up through the window and smirked. He mouthed,

"I'll see you again on the next shooting star."

________________
Oddly weird, but worth the try! I wanted to write my dream last night and here it was.

I want to make a part two in the next update! Please stay tune :>

🤧❤️

Seriously Nana, at every angle you look like an angel

Seriously Nana, at every angle you look like an angel. I can't-