Soulmates | k.dy (finale)

"Stay for the night." Doyoung held one of your fingers innocently as you blushed over at what he said prior.

"Okay..." You agreed, earning a smile from him. He pecked your lips making you jolt up. Your eyes widened as he stood and picked you up.

"D-Doyoung?" You nervously asked, wrapping your arms around his neck as he carried you to who-knows-where.

You looked up and your heart pounded heavily once you were greeted by Doyoung's lips again. Now, kissing you deeper.

The sound of the door kicking open making you squeal, causing Doyoung to giggle at your reaction.

He laid your back down on the soft mattress of his bed, staring at your eyes full of love as he hovered above you.

You stared back, admiring his brown, deep eyes. He leaned in, but then you flinched making him stop mid-way towards your lips.

"Doyoung?"

Instead, he laid down beside you, wrapping his arms and engulfing you into a warm embrace. The warmest a person has ever given you, making a tear escape your eyes.

He looked at you for a moment and smiled.

"Shh. I feel what you feel, remember?"

You wiped your tears and nodded. Doyoung kissed the spot under your eyes, wiping the excess tears with his thumbs as you both closed your eyes and drifted off to sleep.

The following years were a blur as you now live happily with Kim Doyoung. Yena and Jeno had opened a restaurant together and it was going well.

"Doyoungie, what are you cooking?" You came out of the bedroom, smelling a strong dish from afar.

"You're awake already? This isn't for you though." Doyoung teased, turning around to see your reaction.

You went to the kitchen, rubbing the sleep off your eyes as you entered with a messy bun and pajamas.

"Eh? I'm bad at cooking, but I'll try." You pouted, putting on an apron.

Doyoung stopped you and laughed.
"On second thought, you might burn the whole kitchen."

You gasped, hitting his bicep. He pretended to be hurt, which annoyed you more.

"Kim Doyoung!" You complained, but he planted a tender kiss on your forehead instead.

"Let's eat before I go to work."

Doyoung headed out as you waved your hand as usual. You turned around after the door closed.

The door slammed back open making you jolt.

Doyoung held your shoulders and spun you around, pecking your lips.

"How did that feel?" He chuckled softly, showing his gummy smile.

"Kim Doyoung..." You said, amazed.

"I'll see you later, (y/n)." He waved, finally leaving the house.

A smile crept up your lips, red plaguing your face. You shook your head and decided to clean the house while he's gone.

Night fell and it was nearing 10pm. You were anxiously waiting for the front door to open and reveal Doyoung, but it never came.

You started to worry and so it grew worse when a huge shock washed over you. A sound of a seemingly car crash was heard. It was raining outside, so you grabbed your umbrella and check what had happened.

You went out and saw people already crowding the accident. Your heart pounded fast as you neared the scene, squeezing your way further from the huge circle of people.

Murmuring, calling for an ambulance, and some are panicking. You got to the front and you gasped, eyes tearing when you saw Doyoung's car.

You dropped your umbrella, legs trembling as you dropped to your knees, the wet and rough paved streets hurting your skin.

"DOYOUNG!"

The next thing you knew was Doyoung was being carried to the emergency room. A doctor on top of him, performing CPR.

"Doyoung, stay for me okay? Doyoung, please." Your voice cracked as your hands gripped over the railings, following the nurses' pace as they dragged the bed across the hospital floors.

Doyoung's eyes weakly glanced over at you, his eyes teary and skin covered in slick blood. You sobbed even more.

"Doyoung, you're not gonna leave, right? Don't leave me, please. Doyoung-"

Your words were cut mid-sentence when a nurse held you back. You watched in grief when the doors closed and Doyoung was out of sight.

"Miss, you will have to wait outside. The operation will take for approximately 3-4 hours-"

The nurse continued explaining, but you weren't hearing any of it. You dropped to your knees as tears inexplicably fell down harder, your whole body hurting.

If you knew this would happen, you would've told him to stay. You could've stopped this from happening when you saw the future.

"His heart rate stopped, charge to 200 joules."

Doyoung's fragile body laid on the bed, his body jolting up once it charged his body.

"Clear!"

Rubbing it slightly again once the heart didn't budged up, the doctor charged again.

"Clear!"

You already felt dead, your skin growing pale and the bags under your eyes getting prominent. Tears didn't stop shedding down as you sat completely empty in front of the ER.

When you try to reach for his hand, it seemed to vanish further.

What if I never forget you?
What if, all my life, when I meet someone new, I can never fall for them...

because they aren't you?

The smell of petrichor engulfed the space, waking Doyoung up. His eyes fluttered open at the morning dew passing through the white curtains.

He laid on the hospital bed, feeling the weight on his arm. He looked beside and saw your delicate sleeping face.

Doyoung smiled, tucking a stray hair behind your ear and kissing you passionately on the lips as you sleep soundly.

He pressed his forehead against you, the feeling of safety washing over his tensed muscles now that he's with you—

His soulmate.

dryconvos ❤️

dryconvos ❤️