I Like You | l.jn

"Aren't you gonna ask her out?" 

Jeno felt a nudge on his shoulder as his eyes cast over your direction.

You were laughing from Haechan's joke, your smile beaming in Jeno's eyes.

"Be realistic, Jaemin. She treats me like her brother." Jeno huffed, averting his gaze from you.

"Hm, it's okay. She doesn't deserve your love anyway." 

Jeno looked at the boy with a warm expression, his arms about to embrace him.

"Cause you suck at it." Jaemin immediately added, making Jeno's arms fall down. He stared at him with an expressionless face, his heart feeling the sudden betrayal.

Jeno opened his locker and love letters flooded down from it.

"Woah, Lee Jeno! Why (Y/N) when you have all of that?" Jaemin joked, a smile spreading across his face the more love letters flew down.

All the girls, but not you.

"Hey, Jaemin." Haechan approached the two with his hands inside his pockets.

Jeno has the slight tinged of expectations on maybe you would like him back when he confessed. 

"Are you going to try out for the basketball team?" Haechan asked, directly to Jaemin.

Jaemin nodded, glancing at Jeno to wait for his reply.

"Hmm? Wha- me? Basketball?" Jeno pointed at himself.

"Yeah, you're pretty good at it." Jaemin complimented.

"Let's just see later then. Bye Jaemin," Haechan waved his hands, looking at Jeno lastly. "Bye No Jam."

Jeno's forehead creased at the nickname, insecurities hitting him.

"Don't worry, you don't suck in all the fun." Jaemin patted his back. "Just partly."

"Go Lee Jeno!!" The girls at the bleachers cheered.

Jeno shyly cast them an eye smile which made everyone shout and squeal in amusement.

His eyes didn't fail to see you at the crowd with a small smile placed on your lips.

"Let's start." The coach announced as all of them went to their own teams.

The game started and all of them tried their best to be in the team. But for Jeno, he did his best to impress you, dribbling and doing a 3-pointer shot every time he got the ball. 

"Nice one Lee Jeno!" Jaemin shouted, praising his teammate.

Jeno could feel the sweat trickling down his neck and face, but he still managed a smile.

He took a rest while the rest did their try-outs.

He took a glance at you and his smile slipped out of his lips to see you staring with your eyes focused on solely an individual. He traced your gaze and his head snapped to Jaemin's figure as he smiled when he made a score.

Jeno looked back at you and your lips cracked in a huge smile.

"We did pretty great, don't you think?" Jaemin asked, sitting calmly on the bus next to Jeno.

Jeno stayed silent, looking outside the window.

"Ah, red flag." Jaemin tapped his shoulder which Jeno looked at his direction immediately.

Jaemin pointed towards at the front seat and his eyes trailed to you.

The bus was moving and all Jeno could think of was the way you smiled prior. He didn't see those kind of smiles you gave Jaemin when you were with him or with Haechan. 

The bus stopped and you stood up from your seat, leaving the bus.

Jaemin nudged and forced Jeno to follow you. Jeno hesitated, but stood up from his seat and chased after you. As always.

Jeno ran towards you and clasped your wrist, turning you around and sigh heavily to see your face.

"I have something to tell you...I like you, a lot. It's okay if you don't like me back. It's just that, I might regret telling you. If you don't like me, say it. I'll be fine." Jeno rambled, but he did gave his best. The grip on your wrist stayed as you pursed your lips into a thin line.

Jeno waited for your reply, staring deeply at your eyes with his heart pounding, afraid that you'll hear it just by the way your eyes were discreetly looking at his face and studying every expression.

You took your earphones off from your ears with wide eyes.

"I'm sorry. What did you say?"

*~*~*~*

A short one since yesterday was czennie day :))

STAN DAY6 !!