Smiles | w.yh

Ever since you were young, you were gifted. Just a single glance above their heads and you can already see their age. You weren't really bragging about the gifted sight, but you weren't bothered by it either.

You examined the huge place, windows reaching to the top of the ceiling, down the floor and all of it were finely covered by crimson matching curtains.

"May I take this dance with you?" A man offered his hand. Before you could even look at him, you peer over your best friend who was signaling you to accept the offer. You look above his head and a solid 38 was written.

Your eyes sunk at the number as you took a sip from your champagne. "I'll pass."

Hyejin's mouth slightly fell apart as she looked away, totally embarrassed for the man. The man cleared his throat and walked away.

"sERIOUSLY (Y/N)?!" She scolded you as you leaned back on your seat.

"You said rich men were here, but they're all double my age." You chuckled, observing the masquerade ball. Too fancy for your liking, but your best friend here was too obsessed into getting you to love.

"Don't waste the night, (y/n)." Hyejin gulped down her drink and slammed the glass on the table, startling you. You watch her waltz to the group of men who wore the most favored tailored suits.

You sigh and look at the crowd.

Girls talking to boys. Boys flirting with girls. Gosh, I hate humans.

There was a saying when the night reaches 12, you're together with someone you'll be with forever. This masquerade ball has been hosted for four years and it made over 3,000 couples in all over the place every year.

"What a nuisance." You said, picking your glass and drinking the last sip. You felt like you're being stared at, making you smirk through your cup.

You laid it down and adjusted your mask that covered half of your face, then you also flaunted your chestnut hair to the back to expose your neck, collarbone, and more skin.

You went to the dance floor where people waltz happily, turning to the huge clock on your right, it was already 11:36.

Any minute now...

"My lady, would you like to dance with me?"

Bingo.

You turned around with a smile, but it was completely wiped away when you saw the number above his head. Your eyes widened in shock to see a solid 375,293,127.

"My lady?" The man shook you out of your thoughts. His voice rather deep and enticing, instead of making your heart beat, it scared the living hell out of you.

"I gotta go-" Before you could walk away, he gently held your wrist.

"Don't you want to dance with me?" He said, looking at you with big brown eyes behind his mask. He was obviously rich. It showed on how he spoke, how he gestures, and how he carries the suit. It made him very handsome.

You hesitantly grabbed his hand as he wrapped his arms around your waist. While feeling tensed, you placed your hand on the back of his shoulder.

"H-How?" You stuttered. Your hands damp, and your eyes on the two set of feet dancing to the rhythm.

"Hmm?" He asked calmly with his deep voice, almost like growling. You avoided looking up above his head as you sigh.

"Why are you so old, a-and your face looks like you're right about my-", before you could continue, a hand caressed your cheek, lifting your face up to meet his brown eyes staring at you.

"It's our own little secret, (y/n)." You were surprised he knew your name. He leaned in, and somewhat you unconsciously closed your eyes. You felt him remove his mask to kiss you deeply like he was waiting for this moment to come.

Like this was all suppose to happen.

He peeled off his lips from you as you were still amazed by his kiss. You fluttered your eyes open and saw that he was in his mask now.

"Who are you?" You whispered, as he started to waltz you again, picking up his pace to the music.

"I'm just the one who waited for you, and searched all over to find you." He mumbled, his hot breath fanning over your forehead. You look up at him and the age wasn't joking. His face betrayed the number as you admire his gentle features. He smiled at your staring and mumbled something you couldn't pick up.

"I know how to break the spell. Meet me in the future." He gave you a last peck on the forehead as you close your eyes. You opened them back again and saw no one in front of you.

"That's it ladies and gents for the Annual Masquerade Ball! Hope you enjoyed your night, and saw your soulmate who you'll end up with... for the rest of your life."

🌸

REQUESTED!!!

@ataraxiaxo ✨

@ataraxiaxo