Project | l.ty

"You need help?"

The kind words snapped you from analyzing what was wrong with your project as you flick your attention to the boy standing in front of your desk.

No way.

There is no freaking way that Lee Taeyong talked to me.

"I-I'm...It's okay, I can handle this." I smiled back, but he tilted his head.
Taeyong's gaze went down on the house project and pursed his lips when the stick fell on the floor that was supposed to be a column.

"I-"
"Let me help you."

The tone was stern as I scoot my chair beside to let Taeyong sit closer to the project.

School was coming to an end, and the deadline was tomorrow. It was a thursday afternoon when the sun settled down and the orange hues were illuminating inside the classroom.

The students filtered out of the classroom, but Taeyong and I sat still.
We were finishing the project- okay...HE was finishing the project as I laid my head down on my arms.

"(Y/N)?"

His tone was sweet as he shook me gently to wake me up. I fluttered my eyes open and saw Taeyong's eyes first thing, making my heart lurch.

We both remained the eye-contact that was happening as I admired his deep brown set of eyes that shone under the sunset colors passing through the classroom windows.

I snapped out of it when he cleared his throat, averting his gaze from me.
"I can probably help you finish this today if I take this home, would you mind?"

I nodded, looking at the cardboard house that needed furnishing.
"Can I come?"

My eyes widened when my mouth just said that, I placed my hand on my lips and peered over at Taeyong who had the same reaction.

"I-uh...If you want, you can...you can maybe sleepover?"

And with those words, I choked on air as Taeyong chuckled, looking down on his hands.

"I'm sorry if my place is small." Taeyong said, opening his front door.

We stepped in further as he went off to his room to change. My eyes wandered around the small apartment room as my eyes fell agape to see the neatness of every furniture.

"Is it too small?" Taeyong asked, closing the door behind him and now wearing a white oversized shirt and black joggers.

My cheeks flushed to see him in casual clothing as I swayed the box where the project was.
"It's actually cozy. It feels like home."

"You can sit over there. I'll prepare us dinner." He went over to the kitchen with his slippers, putting a pan on the stove and cooked.

I laid the project down the table and sat on the couch. My head turned to the wall to see numerous of picture frames hung on the wall. All pictures from his childhood and family.

"(Y/N)?"
"Hmm."
"You can go to my room and pick out clothes. You can wear whatever you like."

I gulped the lump on my throat and stood up, walking my way in the bedroom. And before I could enter, I looked at Taeyong's back as it moved while he chopped vegetables.

I went in the room, admiring the simple furnitures before arriving at his wardrobe. His clothes were completely organized as I wore a simple oversized white hoodie and some pajamas I needed to fold since he was way taller than me.

I went out and sat on the dining table as Taeyong laid the plates down.

"You know-" Taeyong's eyes landed on me, making him stop what he was doing.