Muse | h.rj

chapter two of Art—

"Would you die for me?" You whispered in the unknown atmosphere

"Would you die for me?" You whispered in the unknown atmosphere. A figure standing afar from you at the flower fields.

The figure looked at you, but its face seemed a bit blurry to your vision. The wind blew your white dress as you tuck in a lose strand of your hair.

"Again?" It says. You were amused by his response, your eyes widening.

"What?" You asked when a smile appeared on the man's lips.

Your eyes shot open, sweat trickling down your forehead as you woke up from your dream. You sat up from the bed and wiped the sweat, only to notice that there was blood on your sleeves.

You damp your nose and it was bleeding. You toss your head back and groaned. You went to the bathroom to wash off and looked at the mirror.

Your head has been hurting ever since you went to the museum, just to be thrown out of the place and scraping your knee from the impact of it.

You thought that was the reason why your head has been hurting lately, when in fact— these days, tiny bits of memory fragments was like being shoved in your head every time you think about what Mr. Huang said to you.

And every time you thought about it, your nose bleeds.

"Pass your projects over here before we start our class." The professor said.

You rummage your bag, but the sketchpad wasn't there. Your heart suddenly drop to the ground, realizing that you left it on the couch of the museum.

You stood up, catching the attention of the class. "Yes, Ms. (y/n)?"

"I uhh...I-I'll be back." You stuttered, running out of the class and toss your bag over your back, holding a tight grip on the straps.

You took the bus and thank goodness you went there in a short time. You approached the security guard, he was different from last time.

"I-I left my sketchpad in the museum." You pointed. He raised a brow and laughed.

"Museum? This is a closed art museum of Mr. Huang." He said.

"Can I see Mr. Huang please? He might or might not have my things." You pleased.

"Are you messing with me kid? Mr. Huang died in the early 1800's." The security guard shook his head while chuckling.

Your eyes widen, your skin growing cold when you heard it with your own ears.

"I-" You think for a bit that maybe this was all a dream. "Thank you."

You walk away slowly and rummage your bag, to see your sketchpad with no drawing in it.

"Ahh pabo." You ran to catch up with the next bus and while you're at it, you unconsciously drew your dream last night just for the sake of the project.

You knew that Mr. Lee would scold you for not drawing one of Mr. Huang's creation, but it's this or nothing!

You hurriedly went back inside the classroom and placed your sketchpad on Mr. Lee's table.

"Great, now that Ms. (y/n) cared to join us at this late hour, you may see me in the office after class." Mr. Lee mentioned.

You quietly groaned and sat on your seat. Mr. Lee took a look on our projects and nodded. Yours was the last to be scanned.

He opened the sketchpad and saw your drawing. He gulped and closed your sketchpad, looking at you with wide eyes.

Is my drawing that horrible?

"Ms. (y/n), to the office." Mr. Lee went out as I followed.

You opened the door and saw Mr. Lee sitting on a chair, showing you your drawing.

"Yes! I know I made that u-"

"How did you know this?" He asked. I was taken aback by his words as I took a seat in front of his table.

"What?"

"This was the first ever painting of Mr. Huang back in the early 1800's. It's not on google, but just a descriptive paragraph in the web. Did you visualized it?" Mr. Lee looked at you in awe.

You went home after that confrontation with Mr. Lee. You heave a sigh out of your lips as you slump down on your bed.

"What is happening with me lately?" You whispered to yourself.

You rolled on your side and saw a picture of you in a frame when you were young. A smile crossed your lips as you fluttered your eyes close and slept.

You forgot to turn off the lights so you opened your eyes back, before gasping and sitting up from the cemented floor.

You were wearing a hanbok as your eyes widened in shock to see yourself in the mirror in front of you. The setting was like back in the Joseon era as you examined yourself.

"Your lady?" A soft knock on the room was heard as your gaze shot to the person behind the door who was wearing a big smile.

"Your wedding's in three hours, would you like to prepare yourself now?"

You opened your mouth to speak, but there were no words. You gulped as your fingers shook.

"What wedding?" You asked calmly.

"Your wedding with the neighboring land, Huang Renjun."