Recording Diary | mark (finale)

(y/n)

(y/n).

The words inscribed in his necklace which was given by you. His fingers skimmed the silver jewelry as his head bopped to the beat.

Mark acclimated his headphones, fingers drumming on the keyboard to add another layer of harmony. "And cut! Let's wrap it up, Suyoung."

The door outspreaded and revealed a girl with a water bottle in hand, collarbone protruding in her off-shouldered top.

"Thank you for the hard work, sunbae."

Mark flashed his boyish smile, plucking his headphones off and outstretching it to the rookie. "Do you wanna hear the progress?"

"It'll be an honor!"
She impetuously pulled the headphones in excitement soaring in her blood.

"Oh be careful-"

The wire caught up on the keyboard and a yelp evoked from the girl as she flung on Mark's chair.

"A-Are you okay?" Mark cleared his throat in a calm semblance—a thin leaf ripening to see the hysteria in his face.

"I'm fine! I'm so sorry!" She shuck off from his body, the wire entangling around her arm tighter.

Good thing Mark had grabbed her shoulders out of fast reflexes, leading the girl to straddle his lap.

"I-I'm sorry, sunbae..." Her voice laced with lament came out reedy and Mark unwantedly stayed stagnant.

"It's fine. You should probably get off now." He laughed to lighten the mood.

To his dismay, the door opened and his heart leaped at the sound of fragile utensils clinking.

Their heads pivoted to the noise in sync, eyes widening to see your figure.

[>>]

Mark cursed at the wind as he ran aimlessly, straining to find where you've gone to.

With frantic fingers, he delved in his pocket and clenched his phone out.

"Jeffrey, track her please. She must be wearing my shirt until now. Hurry, please." He pocketed the phone after confirming and raced with the cold morning.

A familiar fgure at the bus stop rendered Mark's footsteps to halt. His eyes trailed to the man who was lighting a cigarette, a few feet away from his stance.

"You..." Mark's eyes squinted to see the same person on your wallet.

He didn't mean to invade privacy, but he pleaded to check if you still had his high school picture.