Strawberries & Cigarettes | l.mk

"You always leave me wanting more."

☀︎

You closed the open history book and took off your glasses, leaning back to your chair just to massage your temples.

A sigh left your lips as you looked at the clock hanging on the wall of your bedroom.

1:27 am

You dragged your feet towards your bed and plopped yourself down.

You grabbed your phone from the bedside table and saw all the messages narrowed down on the screen.

Your eyes caught the very recent text message that was sent to you.

"Let's take a midnight stroll." You read. It was from your best friend who you have a crush on since middle school.

You liked it when he laughs and smiles, like it was meant to be done by him. The way he's so passionate about what he talks about and the way he naturally smells like strawberry.

Every moment you spend with him didn't fail to amuse you. He makes mondays sound so good.

     "Why not?" You replied to the text. You dropped your phone and closed your eyes for a bit.

You slowly drifted off to sleep, but then a knock from your balcony woke you up. Your head shot from the noise.

As you glanced at the balcony, behind the glass door was the person that lets you experience what unrequited love feels like.

You tied your hair up in a messy bun and walked towards the door to slide it open.

"Did you just climb the tree?" You laughed.

"Oh so you want me to pass through the main door?" Mark laughed, dusting off his clothes.

You noticed that he smelled, yet again, like strawberry.

"Is that your perfume? I keep on smelling it when we're together." You asked.

He looked at you with a smile then shrugged.
"I don't know, maybe it's just your nose." Mark snorted.

You rolled your eyes and looked at his regular white hoodie and a pair of blue pajamas. You chuckled as your eyes landed on the black slippers that he wore.

"It's you who'll I meet up anyway. I don't need to wear a tux." He shrugged, grabbing into your wrist.

"Let's go. The car is outside the lawn." He smiles making you smile too.

You both climb down from the balcony to the front lawn of your house. Mark assisted you and gently grasped your hand to lead you to his black Tucson that was neatly parked outside.

"Where do you want to go?" Mark asks with a small smile.

"Han River?" You raised a brow. He simply nodded and tried opening the car door.

His eyes widen, head looking to you.

"Why?" You furrow your brows.
"I left my keys inside." He mumbled still with wide eyes.

"What?" Your head went closer to his face to hear his words better. He looked at you and smiled.

"I left my car keys inside."

Your head went up to meet eyes with his. Your eyes were both wide. After processing his words, you bursted out of laughter.

Mark laughed with you while holding his stomach.

"You dumb ass kid. C'mere, we'll just have to walk then." You offer your hand and he glanced at you with a regretting expression.

He grabbed your hand and pulled you towards his side. You stumbled and looked up just to see him looking down on you.

"I'll be leading you for tonight." Mark said. He gently intertwined your fingers causing you to blush.

You two walked to Han River since it was just a 5 minute-walk from your house. All the way, he was holding your hand like it was something fragile.

You both sit on the grass and sigh, looking at the river with city lights twinkling from where you sat.

"It's so pretty." You smile. Mark gazed over to you and softly smiled.

"Yeah, it is very pretty." Mark whispered, staring at your eyes.

You looked over at Mark, but he was already staring. Your face turned red, together with your ears. You shot your head back to the view and bit your lip.

"(Y/n)." Mark called.
"Hm?" You hummed as a response.

"Look at me." He said while your heart pounded 1 million times faster.

You slowly looked at him and he was already staring at you with his soft brown eyes boring you down.

He walked his fingers to your hand and laid it on top of yours.

"I can't say 'I like you since forever' just like any typical romance movie," He said, looking down at the green grass.

He looked up and admired your eyes that sparkled from the city lights.

"But I won't lie," Mark grabbed your hand and placed it on top of his chest. You felt his heart beating twice as fast as yours, making you blush. "I like you."

You heard him very perfectly as a little smile crept up your lips.

"All this time," You said, slightly chuckling. "I thought my love for you is one-sided."

Mark furrow his brows and leaned in. He placed his plump lips on your forehead while you close your eyes.

"I'm sorry (y/n)."

You raised a brow and looked at his eyes.

"Why are you sorry?" You asked.

He sighed and kissed your hand, peering up to you.

"There's an audition at SM Entertainment. My brother said I have to go to Seoul to pursue my dreams."

Your heart ached at the words he said. Tears threatened to fall from your eyes, but you quickly wiped it away and replaced it with a smile.

"I'll support you then." You said, heart still breaking.

Mark hesitantly smiled and embraced you in his arms as he sway you both slowly.

"Just remember," He leaned down to whisper in your ear.

"I'll never forget you."

The scent of a strawberry, and the feeling of smoking a cigarette when we're together.

Bad, but feels so good.

☀︎