Streets | h.rj

im sorry i havent been updating, im in the middle of writing a book ^^ happy birthday injun! 💚🎉

but can we talk about this renjun for a sec-

Fatigue washed over your bones as your feet chased each other in a haste around the dark road.

You groaned, remembering the narrow route would always be crowded with smokers or drug takers.

The smell of cigarette infiltrated your nose from a far distance as your feet made a quick turn to the alley you despise.

You stopped when sharp gazes pierced your soul, it was a solid 5 minute walk and you dreaded to face it without your best friend who often goes with you.

"You can do it, you can do it." Like a mantra, you gripped the strap of your bag and held your breath to prevent inhaling the ashes.

You were midway when a guy from the side eventually latched a hand on your shoulder. You recoiled at the touch, looking at him with wide eyes.

"Hey, are you alone?"

The voice made your heart quiver and the hungry gazes of the other men in the alley heightened your adrenaline.

A hand wrapped around your shoulder and your whole body twitched at the feeling.

"No, she's with me." A cold timbre sent everyone aback to their businesses. Some clicking their tongue to see a higher up.

You swift your head and you were met with the same pair of eyes back in highschool.

"Huang Renjun?!" You tried to keep your voice low as he smiled at you.

"Do I look different without my glasses?" His eyes were a different vibe with the eyeliner protruding its beautiful color.

"What are you doing here?" You tried to avert your nervousness from the men who were giving you looks while taking a whiff of their cigar.

"For business." He looked straight after, seemingly not interested to your question.

You nodded and paid attention to the end of the alley. Just a few steps until a hand grazed their way on your hips. You gasped, turning around to see a couple of men snickering.

You turned back around to get out with Renjun, but the sight of the man was nowhere to be seen.

"Ren-"

The noise of a body hitting the ground made your eyes trail behind to see him on top of another man.

"Renjun!" You ran towards him and gasped when blood seeped out of the guy's mouth when he coughed.

Renjun stood up, but a punch was hurled on his face from the other guys. Your mouth was hung open, not sure what to do until Renjun held your hand and dragged you out of the alley.

Your feet tramped to keep the pace he was making with his legs. The sound of footsteps trailing behind only set you guys to make an abrupt turn to a corner.

A sigh puffed out of Renjun's lips when they went straight ahead without noticing you both.

"Why did you do that?" You were a pacifist and violence wasn't really in your dictionary.

"He deserved much more." He spat, the blood landing on the ground as he winced.

"Is it that bad?" You narrowed your eyes to see clearer, but only the moon was the source of light at this point. "Let me see."

Your hands gently cupped both his cheeks, adjusting his chin down for you to see his bruise.

A deep cut was lined with his plump lips and you were sure his inner cheek was damaged as well.

"This should heal after a week when treated." You whispered, looking at his reaction. Your heart stuttered when the glint on his eyes were already staring. Lips inches away as he steadied his breathing.

"Did I fail to protect you, (y/n)?" His voice was calming. It contrasted to his cold appearance.

"No. You did more than enough." You laughed, retreating your hands back to yourself. He grabbed ahold of your wrists and looked you dead in the eye.

"I've been searching for you since graduation. Why didn't you attend?"

Your mind went blank for awhile. "Well, I-" Your heart throbbed, remembering the real reason why you didn't attend.

"Try to make up some lame excuse. I won't buy that." His grip remained on your wrist as he leaned closer to your body. You stepped back, only to come in contact with the frigid wall.

"I-It was because I didn't want to see you again." Your voice faded with every word that comes out. With the lack of response, you gazed up at the boy and found him with a smirk.

"I didn't know I had an effect on you." He let go of your wrists and instead shoved his hands to his pockets.

"Did you hated our relationship because I was a nerd?"

"No, what- who told you that?" You frowned, tugging at your long sleeves out of habit.

Renjun knew you do that when you were misunderstood.

"I thought you hated me." His shoulders slumped. You stuttered to get any words out when he rested his forehead on your shoulder.

"I'm sorry. We were in the wrong time back then."

You were a liar if you said you didn't miss him. In fact, when you saw his face, your heart wanted to embrace him.

"(Y/n)," He lifted his head and stuck his forehead on yours.

You stared at his longs lashes as he kept his eyes closed. They slowly opened and suddenly, you were lost in his eyes.

"Can we start over?"

"N-No." You said in instinct as you push his body away from yours gently. He watch your every move as you kept your gaze down.

"I don't want to repeat history." You gulped, going out of the alley and walking away in a hurry.

Renjun smiled to himself, taking his phone out of his pocket and dialing a number before pressing it against his ear.

"Make sure she gets home safe and kill all the men in alley 4." He ordered to the people behind the phone before ending the call. He pocketed his phone and walked away to the opposite direction of yours.

Now that he knew you clearly wanted to try again base on your actions, since Renjun memorized your body language very perfectly without a miss.

To persuade you, he hoped to see you on the streets again.

recording diary thoo 😔