loverboy!haechan 🍒

loverboy . | lo • ver • boy |

-human traffickers who usually operate by trying to make young girls or boys fall in love with them.

The bells of the school made you flinch from your daydream, sighing once the teacher dismissed all of you.

"Hey, crackhead."

You heard a slobbish voice behind. Assuming it was one of the bullies, you pretended like you didn't hear.

"Great. She's blind and deaf." A couple of giggles at the back of the classroom made you roll your eyes.

You picked up your bag, eyes widening when it was empty and light-weighted. You glanced at the girls behind you as they shrugged their shoulders.

You hurriedly went to the window and saw all of your things out in the open, 12 feet below you.

"You should pay attention to class more often, loser." A smack at the back of your head made you hissed in pain, assuming that your father threw his soju bottle on that particular area last night.

"Leave her alone."

"Ah yes, the romeo who always saves cinderella." The girls sauntered away, completely disinterested at your friend's presence.

"You alright?" Jisung's low timbre soothed you, but your eyes never casted away from your things on the front entrance where students walk past the textbooks like some kind of rug.

"Yeah, I'm fine." You avoided Jisung's gaze and picked up your bag. You knew he only befriended you because he pitied you. That alone sickened you to the bone.

As you picked your things on the ground, an egg was thrown over your head making you gasp.

"Hey!" You cringed at yourself, knowing too well your voice broke.

"Pretty little kitten roared." The boys scattered around behind you snickered. You touched your hair covered in egg yolk and winced.

"What are you gonna do? Tell your abusive parents?"

"Hey, children." A strong tone obviously wasn't from you and it shushed them.

Your eyes creased, the wound on your head completely bleeding.

From the fresh wound of the bottle, the smack on the head, the egg shells— all of it piled up and led you to a blurry state.

"Act like a man and leave the girl alone before I call the police." The same voice taunted, earning a scoff from the boys.

"Let's just go." They all left and you finally lose it. You fell to the cool ground and the man who helped you earlier asked if you were okay.

You lifted your head, seeing how his face morphed into a blurry picture.

Arms hoisted you up in the air, your nose settling on his neck that scented of expensive perfume.

"Where's your address?"
"No!" You protested, tears gliding down from your eyes at the thought of coming home to your parents.

"I don't want to."

The man sighed, adjusting you in his arms.
"You should eat something or else your body will grow limp."

Why does he care?

Your eyes shot open, sitting up instantly at the foreign setting. It was a bedroom, a pleasant one, but you didn't care. Anywhere was fine with you, except the thought of sharing the same roof with your parents.