sasaeng!jungwoo 🍒

"Baby, so sleepy for me, hmm?"

The words that came in your ear like a droning sound kept you awake, but your lids contrasted to what you felt. It grew heavier, body getting numb like something has been injected in you.

The alarm resounded off in your bedroom, immediately awakening you from your deep slumber. You sat up, remembering the residue of memory last night. Maybe it was a dream and you were hallucinating.

You started your daily routine, but you couldn't shake the fact that something if off nowadays.

You head to work as usual. Your best friend running to you like a madman.

"(Y/n), you won't freaking believe what happened to me!" Mark walked with you towards your office, entering the cool bars.

"So much energy in the morning, don't you think, Mark?" He knew you weren't a morning person, but something in him gushed out.

"I've been promoted to team manager!"

Your ears perked up at the announcement, a grin prevailing your face.

"You did not! Mark Lee, congratulations!!" You ran towards him and engulfed him in a warm hug.

He buried his face at the crook of your neck, the chuckle he let out vibrating on your neck.

"Thanks." Mark's deep voice ghosted your ear, causing your cheeks to flush. The moment was ruined when the door busted open. You flew off from Mark and cleared your throat, pretending you were looking at the papers on your desk.

"Sunbaenim? What brings you in?" Mark's voice appeared calm, making you look back to see who was at your door.

"I needed the papers Mr. Cheon assigned to (y/n)."

"To me?" Strings of curses left you as you weren't finished at the proposal needed next week. "Right now?"

"Yeah right now."

Something felt off, but you shook the thought away and continued editing the proposal miraculously needed today.

Jungwoo glanced over at Mark who was watching you fidget around.

"Hey, Mark."

Jungwoo's abnormally low timbre jotted in Mark's ear.

He peered at the door with raised brows, almost furrowing them once he saw Jungwoo's eyes.

That glint in his sharp eyes.

"Congrats on leveling up." A purse of the lips made it look unreal. It didn't sound genuine, making Mark snicker.

"Yeah, thanks a lot."

"Done! I'm done! Tell Mr. Cheon I've proofread the sheet."

Mark watched as Jungwoo smirked into your figure. Finally taking the papers from you and leaving. The door closed and you were met by Mark's enthralling gaze at the door.

"Isn't Jungwoo sunbaenim coming here too often?" Mark seethed, plopping down on the couch inside your office.

"No, the papers were necessary. How about you? Aren't you being way too comfortable in your upper's office?" You hummed, insinuating yourself on your swivel chair.

"Yeah right. We're best friends since high school."

"Get out, Mark." You teased, making a small pout cascade down his lips. He went out of your office, sulky and you fawned at his every reaction.

Staring at the door, you saw something shining at the metal bar. You neared the door and crouched down just to level it with your eyes.

Picking it up, a shiver ran down your spine as you saw a tiny camera buried inside a tiny magnet on your door.

On your way home, Mark stopped you and gave a toy bear that made you cringe.

"You like me?"

A snort came out of your best friend, shaking his head in protest.

"Idiot, thats a camera! You should place it in your flat and connect it to your phone. I heard it's pretty popular nowadays and this is the only way I can know your safe. Contact me whenever."

A yelp elicited from you when Mark planted a tender kiss on your forehead. Blush encrypted your cheeks as you watched his figure leave the premises of the building.

There stood a shadowy figure at the corners of the floor. Watching with fists taut and trembling in anger.

Mark had just finished taking a shower. His hair wet as he rubbed the back of it with the towel on his shoulder.

Picking up the box of mails on his doorstep, he looked left and right at the empty corridor. He closed the door after him and laid the heavy box in front of the couch.

"Let's see what you got, baby." Mark ripped the package open with a cutter, tons of mails piled up in one space.

He sorted them out from unimportant to the most. He didn't want to read a letter asking him if he wanted a new vacuum machine and the prices for it got down at ₩20,000.

Although a letter sent him to curiosity as it read no address nor a post sticker. Only the words of Mark's name engraved to the mail.

He opened it first and drew the paper out of the envelope to read.

Dear Markie,

You should've stuck to your guts and throw this letter in your bin, dumbass. This letter is coated in poison that goes off airborne in the next minute it opened. I hope you die in the depths of the abyss.

p.s. you could never touch her like i do, nor will you ever will.

Your eyes fluttered open and your head hits you like a truck. It's like you've been drugged, but you weren't even taking meds from the start.

You sat on the bed, feet rested on the fur carpet. You checked your phone and pouted at the missed calls you've earned from Mark.

You contacted his phone number, heart stopping once you felt a vibration under your bed.

Your feet froze to the carpet, growing hyperaware of the space under the shadows. You end the call and opened the camera in your phone.

The bear Mark gave was placed in your room, and you were glad to have placed it there. Watching the clip as you pressed the tape backward, your feet still cold.

A shaking gasp bewitched you as tears prickled your eyes. Jungwoo, your co-worker, casually entered your apartment, glancing around the walls of it before hiding under your bed while you're fast asleep.

You played the clip further, but there were no signs of Jungwoo going out of the place.