Make a Wish | s.jn

how are you guys doing? ^^
i read all your comments! love you, guys.
when the song starts, that's when you should read! (for better impact, yes)

p.s: i've spent ages matching the music to the story... ㅠㅠ

"Take it off

"Take it off."

You looked at him, a wide smile spread across your lips.

"Now?"
"Yeah, take it off."

You both giggled and you took off your blindfold around your head. The satin cloth slid down your face.

You sighed in awe, but Johnny's voice snapped you.

"What'd you think?" He smiled, eyes crinkling.

You saw the letters written in rose petals on the bed and you gasped. You covered your mouth and glanced up at your best friend.

"No way, Johnny Suh!" You punched his arm and he giggled more. You teased, but deep inside, your heart was aching.

"Did you like it? I was hoping you should see it first since Hyesoo might not like it."

"It's beautiful." You looked at him, but he examined the flowers and checked them if they were in the right place. The candles in the dark room casted a soft glow in his sharp, brown eyes.

"I'm so happy for you." You swallowed your pain when you saw him wear a bigger smile.

"I'll make her the luckiest girl alive, (y/n). I'll try my best." He turned his back to you and tilted the candles in their best positions.

You cleared your throat, salty tears brimming your eyes. "I'll um...head out now."

You sniffed, and Johnny heard it, making him turn around. You swiftly face away and wiped your tears.

"Why are you crying?" He laughed, fixing his polo and hair.

You laughed back. "It's the candles."

Johnny gave you a brief nod. "Hyesoo must be on her way now. Have a safe ride back, (y/n)."

Your eyes casted down on the floor, eyeing the flowery pathway. Taking a deep breath, you went out of the hotel room and out of the building.

Your feet led you a couple of blocks away from the hotel and thats when you broke down. You knelt on the cold empty streets, covering your face as tears prickled your eyes.

You clenched your chest, trying to make your heart stop from aching too much, but it was no use.

You hated the fact that...you were there the whole time, and yet he picked someone else to be with.

"Miss?"

Your breath hitched when you hear a voice. You were too caught up by the fact you were sad and didn't even noticed you were in the middle of the sidewalk.

You abruptly stood up and brushed your clothes off. "Sorry."

A warm hand grabbed your wrist, making you shift your head back.

He let your wrist go, unwrapping his knitted scarf from his neck and instead, wrapping it around yours. You huffed at the cold winter air, looking up for the first time.

Your eyes sparkled when you saw how warm his eyes were. He cast you a small smile.

"I made that." He pointed at the scarf.

You touched the material and chuckled.

"Thank you." You played with the strings at the end. He tilted his head and blatantly patted your head.

"Remember, you can only do it thrice." The man said, and you furrowed your brows in confusion.

"Sleep with the scarf next to you. It'll keep you warm."

And so you did.

You cried yourself to sleep, wishing that Johnny would look at your way. After years of showing him he was the one you liked, he turned a blind eye and decided to date this girl who you barely rooted for.

"I love you." You whispered into thin air as you closed your eyes. A tear slid down to your cheek and on to the scarf, wishing of every desire you hid inside your heart.

Your alarm buzzed, interrupting your deep sleep. Your hands stretched over to the table and you turned it off. You hummed, shifting around, until you feel a pair of arms snaking around your waist, bringing you closer.

You adjusted at the brightness, bringing your hands to your eyes and rubbing the sleep off. You finally got to open your eyes and it widened at the sight.

Johnny lazily fluttered his eyes open, smiling once he saw your face.

"Good morning, beautiful."

And that's when you felt the most happiest person alive. The man who you dearly love right in front of you, looking at you, and smiling at the image of you.

Is this a dream?

He brought his hand to your cheek, caressing it once before tucking a loose strand behind your ear.

Your eyes were blown, watching in disbelief. A tear escaped your eye and onto Johnny's mattress which scented like him.

"Why are you crying?"

The same sentence, but when he said that to you now, it sounded sincere and out of this world. Tone soft, only for you and that's what you craved for.

You shook your head, and he sighed at that. He hugged you tighter, letting you bury your face against his bare chest.

If so, you never want to wake up.

"I-I love you..." Your voice trembled, breath hitching as you couldn't control the tears anymore.

Johnny laughed teasingly.

"Why are you talking like you'll never see me again? Hmm?"

You looked up at him and he kissed your forehead tenderly with a smile. He leaned in your ear as you closed your eyes at the feeling.

"I love you too."