Who Do You Love? | dj.x

White lights blinded you as you gawked at the open

White lights blinded you as you gawked at the open. The static ringing in your ears, you were sat beside his hospital bed.

"(Y/n)."

The voice of Xiao startled you. Eyes glancing to his laying figure, his eyelashes showcasing as he slept.

"Yes, Xiao?" You picked the strands on his forehead and smiled.

He opened his eyes for the first time this morning and you gaped back with dark bags under your eyes.

"Why do you never sleep? You should rest or else you'll end up beside me." He pertained to the empty bed beside him and laughed.

"Xiao." You clenched your jaw and placed both of your fists on your lap. "You literally have two days left."

His smile faded away into a humorless statue as he watched your lips quiver. Your voice broke and he quite noticed.

He blatantly took off the needle insinuated inside him and tossed it somewhere, catching your attention.

"Hey, stop it." You sternly didn't condone his behavior and stood to halt him from going out of his room.

"(Y/n)," He smiled reassuringly and held your hand that tightly grasped his wrists. He entwined them with his and nodded.

"Everything's going to be alright."

You stared with teary eyes as he led you out of the room. You winced when he started to stumble with his steps, rendering you to pull back and shake your head.

"This won't work. You need to rest-"
"I'll request a one day leave."

You were reluctant, but he flashed you his signature smile once again. "Let's go?"

You sat at the benches, tapping your feet anxiously while waiting for the confirmation papers. Your head shot up when your best friend stopped in front of you.

He beamed and lifted the papers. "Doctor Jeon approved."

Your eyes widened when he dragged your arms and pulled you out of the hospital.

"Hey! Slow down or else we'll trip!"
"You only live once, loser!"

You staggered from behind to keep up with his pace, noticing how his legs ran as if he wasn't ill.

"Look at the fishes!!" Xiao laughed, his low timbre music to your ears.

A smile cascaded down to your lips as your eyes lingered at his jovial state. His skin glowed by the waters behind the glass, eyes gleaming when a fish swam its way towards him.

"Chocolate mint is prohibited." You laughed as he ate his ice cream. He poked his tongue out and ran away from you.

"Race you to the park!"
"That's not fair!!" You yelled back as you still haven't gotten your cone.