prettyboy!jaemin 🍒

You adjusted your glasses, looking at the open as your boyfriend sat across you while girls lingered around him.

"What do you think about my new crop top, Jaeminnie? I bought it for you to see." Minjung twirled her hair, turning both sideways just to showcase her hourglass figure.

Jaemin nodded. "It fits well."

The girls squealed and it sickened you to the bone. You looked at your tray and suddenly, the food you have been enticed by eating soon became bland in your eyes and you weren't hungry anymore.

You pursed your lips and popped a fry in your mouth while hearing the girls' conversation.

"I'm sorry, but I'm eating right now." You heard Jaemin. The girls fell silent and you swear, you felt all eyes on you.

You lifted your head up just to see the girls ganging up at you.

"You're blocking our seat, loser. We want to eat with Jaemin." Hanjoo bent forward with her arms crossed, looking at you in the eye like you're their prey.

You clenched your fists and was about to talk back, but then, Jaemin laid his chopsticks down on the table, making a loud clanging sound.

He looked down at his tray before shooting a glare at the girls. "Don't ever talk to her like that."

Your brows narrowed, your fists loosening as you felt worse by the day.

"I- Jaem, we get that she's your best friend, but she should share-"

You stood up, causing a commotion. The people other than the girls in front of you picked their attention to you.

Your hand grabbed your bag and slung it over your shoulder, not wanting to hear more. You exited the cafeteria and Jaemin followed.

"(Y/n)!" He was following you.

It was true that Jaemin was your best friend, but after he confessed— you both agreed to keep the relationship a secret because of you not wanting the attention.

When passing through the doors, a hand grabbed your arm and pulled you in.

"Hey-"
"Be quiet, dumbass!"

Jaemin went out of the doors and found you gone. Panting and bringing out his phone to call you. He ran towards the other halls by now and you sighed.

You stopped peeping at the door window and turned to your childhood friend.

"What do you want, Renjun!" You whisper-yelled, grunting internally when you remembered you kept your phone in your classroom.

"So I've seen you with pretty boy last weekend. Spill the tea, sis." Renjun wiggled his brows.

You cursed at yourself for not being too careful. A loud sigh escaped your lips.

"We're dating-"

You were interrupted by his terribly wide gasp.

"Shut up, we're gonna be heard!" You slapped his shoulder, brows furrowing.

"How did you get him? Istg (y/n), I told you to stay away from those people who casts spells on-"

"No, Renjun. I- He confessed to me." You slumped your shoulders down. Tears started welling in your eyes as you covered your face with a huff.

"I know I'm the ugliest person here in campus and I don't deserve a guy like him." You stood straighter, looking at Renjun with teary eyes.

You have pimples that formed constellations over your face, dark bags prominent under your eyes, and glasses not even fitted well to you. All of that, but Renjun shook his head.

"No, girl. You're wrong. You're the most beautiful person here in campus...third I mean...you come after me and Jaemin." He chuckled before going back to his sentence.

"If we're talking about ugly, try ranking those petty girls that were all around your man, (y/n). They didn't have a chance right?"

"Thanks." You sniffed, feeling a little brighter.

Renjun cupped your cheeks and lightly slapped each one.

"Now go get your man!" He spun you around and shoved you out of the janitor's closet. You swore he gave you the best drive ever as you ran at the empty halls of campus.

The bell rang and some students went out of their classrooms and others went out of the cafeteria. You took a sharp turn and miraculously, you bumped into Jaemin.

He stood there with wide eyes as he steadied you both. You catch your breath, smiling like an idiot. It made Jaemin's heart skip a beat, his eyes searching for yours.

"I know I'm not the prettiest girl you've met-"

"You are." Jaemin insisted abruptly, but you shook your head and continued.

"I'm not." You clarified.

"But Na Jaemin,"

You felt eyes on the both of you and in the corner of your eyes, you saw the girls from earlier watching with the crowd.

"I might be the least attractive, but I'm the person who's the most in love with you. I love you so damn much, Jae-"

He pulled you to him and grazed his lips on yours, earning a gasp from the crowd. The girls scoffed, turning around and walking away out of the huge pile of people.

Jaemin snaked his arms around your waist and pressed you further on his body.

You were surprised to meet Jaemin's lips. It was the first time in public and Jaemin tilted his head to deepen it not seconds after.

You smiled into the kiss, pushing him lightly to part ways. Your eyes locked with his and he bursted out into a laugh, red tainting his ears.

"I love you too, (y/n)." He pecked a tender kiss on your forehead.

"Get a room!" One of the voices came from the crowd and they all laughed.

You blushed at the comment, looking at Jaemin just to see him bite his bottom lip. He looked at the crowd and smirked confidently.

"We will."