Try Again | j.jh

request served, seasonings!

"I'm home, baby." The door to your bedroom pried open, Jaehyun's drained voice startling you.

Your hands frantically opened the drawer, throwing the book inside to its place. You turned around and met Jaehyun's soft gaze.

He wrapped his arms around your waist and snuggled his nose at the crook of your neck. You recoiled at the touch.

"Wanna cuddle so bad." His voice appeared pleasing, but you weren't having any of it.

"Jaehyun." You sternly placed both of your hands on his shoulders. His ears perked up at the call of his name. He detached himself from you, eyes widening when he found you tearing up.

Fingers caressed your hair, but you shook them away. Jaehyun's brows narrowed, holding your shoulders, but you shrugged it.

"What's wrong, (y/n)?" He tilted his head to see your face better, yet you walked past him—roughly brushing your shoulders.

"You're being a bad girl. You know what happens if you continue doing this, baby."

You heard behind you. Clenching your fists, your jaw stayed taut. Tears welled up in your eyes, suddenly bursting out of yourself.

"Will you stop it, Jung Jaehyun?!" Your voice broke as you crouched down the floor, facing away from him.

"I hate you! I hate you..." Words weren't meant, and yet it broke your own heart. It felt like you were talking to yourself.

How can you hate him?

His hands gently laid on your shoulders, causing your reflexes to jerk up. You stood and wiped the tears away as much as possible.

"You saw it, didn't you?"

You took the courage to turn around. Not even pitying the man who held eye-contact. He didn't flinch, which hurt you even more.

"Every night, Jae?"

"I love her every single day."

Tears prickled your eyes, nodding your head weakly. He let you slam the door shut on your way, and he cursed at himself.

He ran after you, latching a hand on your arm and spinning you around.

"No, (y/n), you don't under-"

"WHAT DO I NOT UNDERSTAND, JAEHYUN? Am I blind? Am I extremely sick to the point it made me dumb? I'm a smart woman, Jaehyun. But when it comes to you, I don't freaking know! ANSWER ME-"

"She's pregnant with my child!"

Your eyes couldn't get any wider. It bewildered you, rendering you speechless. Your eyes rolled to the back of your head, limbs weakening as your body crashed to the ground.

"(Y/N)!" The last words you heard before everything morphed bleak.

Your whole body jolted awake, eyes blown like you had seen a ghost. Your head hurts so much, you didn't notice the oxygen mask covering your lips.

You blinked the haziness away and noticed a heavy weight on your arm. Your body was sore and you said something, but it turned into a mumble.

The weight on your arm lifted, your gaze landing on Jaehyun's sleepy state like he had just awaken. Your eyes widened, tears forming in your eyes.

"(Y/n)?" Jaehyun gasped, running out of the hospital room and calling the nurses.

"She's awake! Thank god, she's awake!" He hurriedly went back to you with the nurses. Your fingers softly touched your mouth, but it was covered.

You sat up and the nurses assisted you, taking off the oxygen mask and instructing you things to do for them to know if you fully recovered your consciousness.

When the nurses left, you were all alone with your husband. He held your hands and sighed shakily, bringing your fingers to his lips as he cried.

You hastily yanked your hand away, not forgetting what happened.

"(Y/n)?" Jaehyun looked at you with wide eyes.

"Don't expect me to forget everything. Go to the girl who you cheated with."

"Cheated- what? (Y/n), you were in a coma for 5 years. What are you saying?"

Your head swiftly checked Jaehyun's face if he was joking. Your eyes glanced at his hands and he wasn't wearing any wedding ring. You looked at yours and there wasn't any.

"Jaehyun, you're my husband." You insisted, shaking your head till Jaehyun held the sides of your head, looking you straight in the eye.

"Baby, if that's what you want— i'll marry you tomorrow. Anytime." He planted kisses on your forehead until he reached your lips.

"Wait, Jaehyun—" You lightly pushed him away to create distance, eyes skimming over the clock on the wall.

"What date is it today?"

He took your hand and kissed the back of it lovingly.

"It's the 14th of February 2019."

if you were brought back to fix the impending present, will you still do it?

we'll be alright,
please try again.

we'll be alright,please try again