𝗥𝗶𝗿𝗶𝗸𝗮 ~ 𝗣𝗼𝗹𝗮𝗿 𝗕𝗮𝗯𝘆 𝗹𝗹

"𝗪𝗮𝗶𝘁, 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆!?"
𝗛𝘆𝗯𝗿𝗶𝗱! 𝗥𝗶𝗿𝗶𝗸𝗮 𝘅 𝗥𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗿
(oml i just wrote a lime)

+𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎+

I drew a diagonal line through Feburary 4.

Officially marking Ririka's 3rd month of being with me.

She's the happiest that I've ever seen her!

She began smiling way more now, and even told (yes, talked to) me a bit about her backstory.

Basically, her family was completely fine with their owner, until she died and the Momobami's were forced into Zeitaku. She'd watched her entire family get executed since they weren't wanted, and I happened to show up and save the last member of the family.

Ririka's told me all types of stories.

But that's besides the point.

Now, I'm reading a book while Ririka's upstairs watching telev—

Or atleast she was?

The whimper that came from upstairs didn't sound like she was doing too well.

I laid my book down on the couch and immediately walked upstairs.

The shuffling from my office stopped when I got to the door, so I knocked gently and waited for a response.

"Reese.. are you okay?"

At the sound of my voice, it seemed like a trigger, as the whimpering began again.

"Honey... can I come in?"

When I didn't get an answer, I cracked the door open just a tiny bit—

— and saw the girl huddled into one of my blanets on the leather couch.

"Rika~ what's wrong?"

"Nothing.."

I puffed out my cheeks and took a seat near her frail body at the end of the sofa.

"Do you need anything? Are you scared to tell or ask me something?"

I felt Ririka tense, but to what, I didn't understand.

"Why do you.. why do you smell like someone else."

I sniffed my clothes and didn't find anything, and then remembered about a hybrid's different senses.

"A friend of mine had a jacket when I didn't. So she let me have hers. Maybe that's it."

Ririka growled softly and peeked her head out of the giant blanket to reach up and start sniffing me all over.

Her face turned into a grimace.
"I smell a wolf hybrid."

I was going to explain further until her neck went straight into scenting me.

My words just got stuck in my throat, and I gave up completely. "Rika, you're getting worked up."

"Well what else am I supposed to do when my mate comes home smelling like somebody else!?"