𝗠𝗶𝗼 ~ 𝗕𝗮𝘀𝘀

"𝘁𝗲𝗮𝗰𝗵 𝗺𝗲 𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗼 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘄𝗲𝗹𝗹, 𝘀𝗲𝗻𝗽𝗮𝗶!
𝗕𝗮𝘀𝘀 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗲𝗿! 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗿 𝘅 𝗠𝗶𝗼

♫♫♫♫

I sighed from outside of the 'Afterschool Tea Time' clubroom. I've been wanting to ask to join, but feel like my bass skills aren't good enough for the band..

Also not having the confidence to do so, I've been pondering on whether I should really do it or not at this point. The worst part is, my crush is literally in the exact club that I want to sign up for. Mio Akiyama, the beautiful yet shy girl that somehow stole my heart and soul from me. Why...

I'm not crazy enough to join her fan club of course, but I just choose to admire her from afar. There's no way that she could like me anyways. No one knows who I am.. except for maybe the cat down the street that hisses at me everytime I walk by it. But that doesn't count.

I heard loud laughter from the other side of the door, and decided to listen in to what they were laughing about. "Haha! Mio, you soooo have a crush on Y/n-senpai! I wouldn't blame you though, she's the prettiest 3rd year here.", I heard Ritsu (I think) say, to which Mio squealed and (i'm guessing) fell out of her seat— judging from the bang I heard soon after.

My face turned cherry red, and I felt like I might explode from happiness. But wait. She never said that she did like me, just fell out of her freaking seat. Crap.. I tiptoed in the opposite direction as always, hoping to get away before anyone noticed me at the door. Of course, of course, of freaking course the world decided to turn on me, and Ritsu opened the door as I turned around casually.

"Oh hey, Ritsu!"— "Hey Y/n-senpai.. WAIT, IS THAT A BASS!?" I let out the breath that I'd been holding, and nodded slowly. "Yeah.. I play.." She grabbed my hand and yeeted me inside, sitting me on the couch near the group's bags. They all crowded around me, making me feel a little nervous. "H-hello, everyone!"

Mio's face turned beet red, and Ritsu elbowed her in the side teasingly. "Hey there, Y/n. Sorry for me to drag you in here like this, but can you play something for us?" I looked down at my suddenly interesting fingers, and looked up at them all. "I don't know.. I don't want to sound bad and embarrass myself.." The girls shook their heads frantically and moved out of the way, stretching out their arms as a way of welcoming me to the stage. I let out a ragged breath but nonetheless stood up and unpacked my instrument.

Ritsu and Tsumugi shoved the band's bags onto the ground, occupying the seats underneath. I rubbed the back of my neck and tuned my bass quickly. "I heard that you're extremely good at bass, Y/n-senpai!", Yui exclaimed, bouncing around beside Mio who looked like her favorite person of all time just walked up on the stage. It made me flush as well, but I snapped back into reality once I realized that I had to play something.

I chose a solo that my friend and I practiced together a few months ago, a song that I memorized on my bass. When I strummed the first time, the rest just flowed. The girls watched astonishingly, making me feel even more nervous under their stares. I looked up while playing, "It's really not that good, you don't have to be nice." Mio immediately took out her bass, tuning it to fit mine and sat in front of me.

"Teach me how to play that well, senpai!"

I stopped playing abruptly, not expecting her to say something like that. "M-Mio.." My face turned extremely red, and I began studdering severely. "T-there's n-no need to a-adress-ss m-me that way, M-mio-chan!" She bowed in front of me and sat on the floor. "I will listen to all of your instructions! I am prepared for criticism!"

I placed my slightly shaky hands on my bass, still incredibly surprised. "Well, do you w-want to learn the song that I just
p-played?" Mio nodded with a determined smile. Ritsu cut in and pat her on the back. "She's so whipped." Mio turned around and hit Ritsu on the head, her face turning pink.

The rest of the girls decided to leave the room, leaving my crush and I in a room alone. God—
"Okay, Mio. You can start with this chord.."

******

We both got through the song swiftly, the girls still not having come back yet. Mio and I were just chatting back and forth about bassists and different songs that we love to play, when she suddenly asked me a question. "Can I.. tell you something, Y/n-senpai?"

I smiled at the girl, who looked incredibly nervous. "Of course! Ask me whatever you want." She scooted up closer to me, and pulled me into a hug. "I.. I mean.. will you be my girlfriend?" My face felt like it might explode. This is the greatest moment of my pathetic life. "Y-yes, Mio-chan. I'd love to be your girlfriend."

When we pulled away from each other's warm embrace, she placed her lips on mine. I may just pass out. I kissed back, and we pulled away for air soon after. The rest of the band ran in, squealing and jumping around. "We did it, we did it. We set up Mio and Y/n. Ooh oh ooh oh ohhh.", Yui and Ritsu sang, bumping each other with their hips. I was confused as ever, Mio sitting comfortably on my lap.

"We saw you outside of the door one day, and since Mio admitted her feelings, I thought that it'd be the perfect plan to act like we never saw you there, drag you in here, and boom. Feelings." I started giggling, but clapped at Ritsu's plan. "I'm going to give it to you guys, that was brilliant. And it also led me to finally pour out my feelings to this gorgeous ravenette."

"Hey! Don't say stuff like that. It's embarrassing!"
"You're my beautiful, gorgeous, and talented"—
"Quit it!"