Chapter 19

Friday night Elle spent her night in the library working on homework when one of her friends sat across from her.

"Hey Ellie, how have you been?" Cedric Diggory asked her.

"I'm good, thank you. How about you?" She asked the Hufflepuff.

"Never better. Mind if I do my homework with you?" He asked to which she quickly nodded, liking the company.

"Of course." She grinned at him as he started telling her all about his classes, prefect duties, and how quidditch was going for him. After about 30 minutes of the two laughing and chatting, Cedric excused himself to go grab a book from one of the shelves when Fred and George walked in, quickly b-lining to Elle's table, sitting at the two other seats available.

"Hey blondie!" Fred grinned at her.

"Who's sitting here?" George asked, nodding towards the textbooks opened across from her.

"Cedric." Elle informed them as they nodded.

"And where did he go?" Fred asked her.

"To grab a book or something." She shrugged. "We are studying, you two should try it sometime."

"You know he has a crush on you right?" Fred asked her as her mouth fell open.

"He does not!" She quickly protested.

"Sorry blondie but he definitely does." George agreed as she shook her head in disbelief.

"Shut up, he's coming back." She quickly told them, offering Cedric a small smile as he started walking over to her with a hand behind his back. He looked at the twins and offered them an awkward smile.

"Oh hey guys. Ellie, I was wondering if you would like to go to the dance with me?" He grinned at her, pulling a bouquet of flowers from behind his back. Elle offered him a small smile, suddenly feeling really awkward.

"Cedric I appreciate the thought but I already have a date..." She trailed off as his face fell.

"Sorry Diggory, I've already asked her." Fred boasted as Cedric's face went red.

"Oh okay, uh no problem. I actually have to go to practice anyway." Cedric stammered, grabbing his books and swiftly walking away.

"See Ellie, big fat crush." George teased her as Elle gave Fred a side-eye at his smirk.

"Shut up, do not say anything." Elle said to Fred as he playfully eyed her.

"I wasn't going to." Fred told her with a smirk as both he and George stifled a laugh as Elle focused back on her books, encouraging the twins to do the same.

//

Saturday afternoon and the great hall was buzzing with excitement at the quidditch game that would be happening that afternoon. Slytherin versus Gryffindor. Elle could see that Jackson was feeling nervous.

"Jackson you will do great! You have that amazing broom!" She encouraged him as he gave her a half-smile.

"Thanks, Ellie."

"Come on Jackson, time for us to get ready." Adrian Pucey said, walking over to where Jackson sat with Ellie at the Gryffindor table.

"Good luck and I'll see you after the game!" Elle cheered to Jack as he gave her one last look before following his team out. Elle turned her attention to the Gryffindor team as they were all hyping each other up before the game, getting excited.

"Come on guys! Let's get ready." Oliver spoke to the team as they all got up to follow him out. Elle quickly stood, wanting to wish Fred good luck. She quickly walked over to him, quickly grabbing his arms to stop him from walking away just yet.